Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
labdog

Won't start

11 posts in this topic

My X11 has been garaged for 3 months, it was running fine when it was parked but now won't start, I get a green light on the dash and the engine turns over fine, what I don't get is hearing the fuel pump pressurising the system. Any ideas ?

Check the battery first, may not be enough power if its been left for three months off charge it may be knackered.

You should hear the fuel pump start up when the ignition is turned on. ( before pressing the starter)  If not the usual culprit is corroded connectors, earths etc. Good luck.

That's the problem with electrics Mick it could be anything, I'd start with the battery, then connectors.  I hate electrics  :P

Tilt switch....?

On/Off switch, twiggle and WD40

Is it just me or due to the position of the handlebars the controls do get crap in them and corrode, I regularly have to spray my turn signal with electrical cleaner. otherwise they delay after you switch them left or right.

^Exactly same here

ive got this issue did you resolve it?

Hi,

I bought a X11 and when I use the turn signal in cold day it was flash delay. I try to use contact spray on the switch but does not work.

Have you any idea?

get the little straw jam it into the switch, hold a rag underneath and spray it till it come out the bottom, then push the switch left and right to work the stuff round, then hopefully the contacts should be clean enough.