Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnKerry

Reg/Rec Battery issue

33 posts in this topic

Even that its new from jaws?

You are right Mick the new reg is faulty too. My head is fried now too.

John the first thing to do is get in touch with Jaws explain what has happened and then ask are they willing to stand the battery if the new rec. has fried it. When I brought off John at Jaws I had to have the wiring altered but maybe they have updated the bit ?If I remember correctly the wires were the wrong lenght for the X11 as it was a B/B rec. but other than that it was a straight swap.As I said I would start off with Jaws first wishing you luck :luck:

It was under charging the battery so I hope its good? Contacted jaws, it is to be sent back and tested. The reg I got has the three yellow wires plug to the stator and a plus and minus direct to the battery.

Update. Turns out the new reg was faulty. Jaws have offered a refund or replacement. Would you still go for the so called upgrade or the refund?

I'd go for the upgrade, you still need one and you know how good their after-sales is.

Good point Mick

Update, Seems there is a fault in some of electrex world ltd range. Jaws have been great and sent out a replacement as soon as I made up my mind. This time a electrosport usa version. This type has the two short plugs of standard unit. Which I hope will be just fine in my case. But if u had a fault in your loom not as good (if it worked properly