Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyH

Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interacts

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with

the above tyres?I have many happy memories using the Roadtec Z6s

in the past and reading the reviews the Z8s seem to be impressing everyone.

I will in the not too distant future be needing new boots for the Blackbird..I had a set

of Avon Storm 2 ultras ready,but ending up fitting them to my X11 .

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has actually bought and used them

in the real world and on a proper bike like the big X :huh:??

This is third summer for my Z8 front (rear is waiting in the storage) it is not worse than previous Z6 but i dont know if it is any better, maybe better grip on wet roads. Wearing little bit so that when you drag your hand along the tire you feel notches (dont know how to say it).

Edited by Maintenanceman

Thanks

I had z8 on my k1200s. Hated them. No confidence in them. Might only be in my head. But for a fact the k12 ate them off. They shot down to the wear markers at an awful rate. The front also had them uneven notches that Maintenanceman is talking about. They make the turn in unpredictable. I was told it was due to the different compounds in the tyre. But I have had duel compound tyres before with no issues. Back to pilot roads for me.

Yep, pilot road 4's are excellent for wear and wet grip, I love them.

RP4s on my BM absolutely awesome. Someone I know got me a set of cheap Metzeler Sportec M3s for my X11 and they are the dogs danglies, the handling as been transformed, I think the M3s have been discontinued but I'll search around for more when these wear out. 

Interesting...Thanks lads