tiptopjohn

Brake Line Not Available Until September Apparently???

7 posts in this topic

Hi All

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I have just taken my bike to a local dealer (Yamaha) as its the nearest and most convenient to where I live.

The problem is that there is a nick in the upper of the two brake lines on the left hand side front brake calliper. Although there is no fluid leaking. To be honest I don't know how long its been like that.

Anyhow took it to them and they tell me that the brake line is not available until September and the whole job would be £200 quid! 

Is that section of the brake line that hard to come by that would warrant a 3 month wait? :huh:? :huh:?

post-1947-0-27590900-1434557424_thumb.jpg

"Although there is no fluid leaking."

Then what's all the wet stuff on the pipe & running down the calliper ?

£200.00 does seem expensive, what's their hourly rate ? Go to David Silver Spares & price up the brake pipe from there. 

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Nice one John :)

Hiya,

The wet 

"Although there is no fluid leaking."

Then what's all the wet stuff on the pipe & running down the calliper ?

£200.00 does seem expensive, what's their hourly rate ? Go to David Silver Spares & price up the brake pipe from there. 

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Hiya,

The wet stuff was the rain that I had just ridden in.I have spoken to David Silver & Lings Honda and they don't stock that length of hose, and would have to go to Japan and a 4 month wait!

I am gonna put another post up asking for anyone who has de-linked thier X-11 to ask if they've kept the brake hoses and would consider selling.

Many thanks

John

How about if you have that hose custom made in some shop? Ok, maybe all front brake hoses.

Thanks Maintenanceman

I have managed to source a full set of second hand brake lines from Ebay.

Many thanks

John