Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tiptopjohn

Pulser Cover - Right Hand Side Crank Case

3 posts in this topic

Hiya,

Has anyone ever removed the Pulser Cover on the right hand side of the crank case?

I am replacing mine, after a little fall in the garage! It now has a nasty gouge. I have sourced a replacement & the gasket.

1. Does the gasket need any sealant, if it does can anyone recommend a brand?

2. Do the bolts have a specific torque? - have looked in the owners manual and cannot see any???

3. Will be replacing on the side stand, so hopefully there will be no oil loss when the cover comes off.

Thanks in advance

John

post-1947-0-23531300-1433610882_thumb.jpg

1. No it does not need any sealant, just make sure that all of the old gasket is cleaned off.

- If you need (surfaces are not straight) HondaBond 4 is a great sealent Honda uses it between engine blocks without any paper seals.

2. Those bolts are M6 bolts and torque for those is about 10 - 11 Nm (1 - 1.1 Kg) that is not much so dont shit the threads.

If i remember right almost all of the M6 bolts have the same torque (i think that there is a specks for these in owners manual just have to find them)

3. No oil should come out, if it does it will be only small drop (i am 95% sure about that)

Maintenanceman

Many thanks, for your help.

Cheers

John