Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest lassho

Wires to the Speedo?

16 posts in this topic

Hey all

I have a new speedo the KOSO RX-2.

I am a real n00b when it comes to reading wire diagrams, but with

initial guess would be that because a light needs a positive and negative feed the Honda speedo will use a seperate wire for each, your new speedo probably uses a link to all the lamps with the + wire for the corresponding lamp being used to illuminate the lamp in a fault/indication condition. Let me sit down with the drawing tonight and try and work it through.

Hi..

This has really been a pain in the a*** job. I have finally managed to get the tachometer running ok, and most of the lights seems ok.

I have one problem left, fuel light.

The aftermarket speedo comes with fuel level measurement. I guess this wont work on the X11, as it only has a light to show I am on reserve.

Anyway, I have bought a cheap diode light I want to use. I have tried to find the correct cable, but I just cant find it. The one I thought was right actually lights up even thou there is plenty of petrol in the tank. I am about to drop the light completely now and just use the trip.

Unless anyone have a suggestion?

Anything is appretiated.

I wonder if you could modify a Blackbird fuel pump/sender to utilize the fuel gauge?

Might, but I am not going to touch that project :) Even thou the snow really came down this weekend, I am still hoping I could take out the X11 in a couple of weeks. The Speedo will be finished then, with or without the Fuel light :) We have no days to loose here in Norway.

I wonder if you could modify a Blackbird fuel pump/sender to utilize the fuel gauge?

Any help?

Mittaristo.jpg

I am afraid not. I already have that drawing, and havent found the corrects wire yet.

Any help?

You can see it from this pic, that wire comes straight from the fuel pump and goes to that indicator number six.

Not sure about that colour code, they should be clearer...

I think that its brown-black

It will give volts to the indicator light because that wire comes from pump +cable, so if you have a diode, it has to be right way.

Sieppaa.jpg

Colours.jpg

Edited by Maintenanceman
Added colour codes

:worship: Maintenanceman you the man !!! :worship: Will keep you in mind if i get stuck :occasion14:

Anyone did this? 

It is not impossible but requires some fabrication to the fuel tank.Not a quick fix.

I bought Koso RX1N ,and I have problem. I have only one "free" indicator and three possible wire from the original speedo.

- PGI-FI indicator,

- immobilizer indicator,

- fuel indicator (before I install fuel gauge from XX) )

What You think,what indicator is most useful?

RX1N

Tough call, Kamil. I'd say for me the fuel indicator (hate running out) but if you're installing the XX guage, then it's a toss up for me. Personal decisions fall hard for me at the best of times... :blink:

A few years later and I'm wondering who here has a Koso dash installed...

I'm thinking of doing this because of a broken rev counter (original is expensive and used not easy to find in one piece)

Pro's and cons or advice anyone?

(This will probably be a project for next winter; or would it be doable during a rainy weekend?)

I was looking also those new Koso models, this http://www.koso.com.tw/products-detail.php?id=18 and this http://www.koso.com.tw/products-detail.php?lang=en&id=1101

Little bit wondering if they are worth the price, 339€ and 619€, then i woke up.....

Years ago, maybe five, friend of mine installed one Koso meter on his FireBlade, main thing what i remember was that rev meter was acting rally bad, reading was jumping randomly time to time, maybe bad wiring thou.

I would like to try to install BB fuelpump/sender so that i dont have to rely on that light only and in that case some Koso would be good option. Fi light needs some thinking so that it works ok, if i remember right.

Budget for an RX2 is 250€

http://www.mlmparts.com/nl/rx2-digitale-multifunctioneel-cockpit.html

I like them because of lack of fi light... I have fault 23; 300€ sensor that doesn't do anything

But you can wire the fi up to an indicator light or something else if you want to

Added downer is that you have to make a holder and that you lose the small amount of wind guiding 

you get from the original dash

I'm also considering this as an extra on the handle bars: http://www.trailtech.net/022-pda