Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest RovdFeen

Is my X11 customized or...

13 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Last week I got my first X11 and loving it, however I have been looking at pictures of other X11 and mine has got some abnormalities..

Here's my bike: IMG_1844.JPG

Now, the first thing that I noticed is the Radiator + grill. My grill is different from the regular type. Also my Radiator looks different from other pictures. Are the regular grills even going to fit on this? 

IMG_1845.JPG?psid=1

IMG_1848.JPG?psid=1

Then the Rear, somebody took of the hugger and replaced it with these hideous looking led lights. I prefer the normal bulbs and winkers. Can i just order a hugger somewhere and fix this or do I need original parts? Also, they didn't bother hooking up the unlock mechanism for the seat... :-(

IMG_1852.JPG?psid=1

ACK! The Mirrors, look at the mirrors, too tiny and I'm looking at my own arms.. so those need to be replaced. But look at the meters, aren't they supposed to be Red ? 

IMG_1853.JPG?psid=1

Now, first registration was in 12-1999 but first registration in my country (The Netherlands) was in 2009, apparently it was imported. Any thoughts on figuring out where this bike came from?

The tank wobbles quite a lot from left to right. Apparently it needs rubber cushions on both sides which aren't there. I ordered 2 and 2 replacements for the front rubbers, hopefully that fixes it.

Robert

Can't see your pictures Robert.

Attempt nr2:

Hi there,

Last week I got my first X11 and loving it, however I have been looking at pictures of other X11 and mine has got some abnormalities..

Here's my bike: 

1.jpg

Now, the first thing that I noticed is the Radiator + grill. My grill is different from the regular type. Also my Radiator looks different from other pictures. Are the regular grills even going to fit on this? 

2.jpg

3.jpg

Then the Rear, somebody took of the hugger and replaced it with these hideous looking led lights. I prefer the normal bulbs and winkers. Can i just order a hugger somewhere and fix this or do I need original parts? Also, they didn't bother hooking up the unlock mechanism for the seat...  :-(

4.jpg

ACK! The Mirrors, look at the mirrors, too tiny and I'm looking at my own arms.. so those need to be replaced. But look at the meters, aren't they supposed to be Red ? 

5.jpg

Now, first registration was in 12-1999 but first registration in my country (The Netherlands) was in 2009, apparently it was imported. Any thoughts on figuring out where this bike came from?

The tank wobbles quite a lot from left to right. Apparently it needs rubber cushions on both sides which aren't there. I ordered 2 and 2 replacements for the front rubbers, hopefully that fixes it.

Robert

Its missing the piece in front of the rad, it creates downdraft for extra stability at speed.

Do you mean the Grille ? If I look in the manual, the radiator looks different from my own radiator, it's like I have a small radiator in front of the actual radiator?

Will the grille even fit on this I wonder

also, the side-grills look different from all the other X11 bikes. the 'normal' grille has a horizontal bar in the middle

Edited by RovdFeen

Its has a tail tidy and a custom light, its matt black and has bits of the grill missing, the clocks have been re sprayed.  Mirrors and Indicators.

I would say previous owner's started some kind of streetfighter/rat bike theme going.

Personally they are the sort of bikes I stay away from, when I have bought bikes like that they have been crappers.

Edited by HornetJay

Besides all the messing about with your bike, the main thing is do you like the bike overall, if so you can always put it back to standard trim, the grill is going to be a bit difficult due to them being as rare as rocking horse poo. :biggrin3d:  

Well, I think I got the bike for a decent price and I really love riding it. I love the way I have to learn how to handle it, how it behaves in bends, the pull at the various speeds..

The plan is to get rid of the ugly stuff and slowly bring back more of the Original state. I can order the grill online though, just have to pay the price. I'm still a bit worried about the radiator itself though and if the grill will fit? Is my radiator the same as other X11 bikes? I ask that because of the small radiator in front of the actual radiator, I don't know if that supposed to be there and if the grill will fit?

The small ones an oil cooler.

These bikes didn't come with a hugger, and there's a place in Germany that sells white dials. 

Well, I think I got the bike for a decent price and I really love riding it. I love the way I have to learn how to handle it, how it behaves in bends, the pull at the various speeds..

The plan is to get rid of the ugly stuff and slowly bring back more of the Original state. I can order the grill online though, just have to pay the price. I'm still a bit worried about the radiator itself though and if the grill will fit? Is my radiator the same as other X11 bikes? I ask that because of the small radiator in front of the actual radiator, I don't know if that supposed to be there and if the grill will fit?

As long as you are happy with it mate, that's what counts the most.

Keep the white dials the red ones are a bit crappy and hard to see at night, I'm dreading doing euro runs at night with the standard ones.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, appreciate it.

I'll keep the white dials :-) First matter of attention will be the mirrors and then the tail section I think. After that the grills..

now...where's the money... all in good time

If you are buying new I would try DAVID SILVER as he has parts others struggle to supply and then there always post on this site asking other members if they have the parts you after then there always that auction site