Guest Karl Fitzgerald

new camchain

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks, just wondering do I take it easy for a while after getting a new camchain fitted ? I've to collect my x11 tomorrow after being without her for a mnt, , can I ride as usual or take it easy after getting the new camchain ??

Great to hear you've got the bike back. I would take it easy for 100 miles or so just to let it bed in and to make sure there's no probs with the garages work.

We'll im supposed to have her back tomorrow but ive gotten a run around , 4 wks waiting for the work to be done, first the mechanic said he had the camchain and was waiting for the rear disc to arrive then he said when the delivery arrived the camchain wasn't in the bag then he said the one that arrived was to long and had to go back, now finally he says he has the camchain and disc and the bike will be ready tomorrow,, and he's a good reputation, supposed to be a good mechanic !!

I would wonder is he using Honda parts are patterned ones.The disc may be down to personaly choice but I would insist on original parts for cam chain as there a lot of shite out there and you don't want to be back in the garage again soon.

Well im back with me x11 and im left scratching me head,, it didn't need a camchain after all , why do mechanics tell you that yer bike has a specific problem and when they actually get around to looking at yer bike its apparent the problem is something else ? They pretend that they've actually had yer bike up on the lift (because they've had it weeks) why not just say you have to wait your turn, anyway the previous cowboy mechanic put a long screw through the tensioner somehow to keep it in place, so he basically , for the sake of a few quid , risked wrecking my bike and if things went wrong while overtaking on a motorway , well just be careful with who works on yer bike cause there's some dangerous bastards out there !!

Really good that you find out that crappy fix.

Glad its fixed , The trouble is the poor Mechanic has to go on what you tell him is happening and has to think the worst and can only tell you what he thinks is needed , but many of us have found the problem has been some brainless idiot of a mechanic has thought he knows better and tries to put it right but in reality hasn't got a clue what he is doing.