Guest marlo086

Turns over but wont start

37 posts in this topic

Can someone please take a picture of how it should look under the seat and post it. Seems like something is missing.

The angle sensor seems to work fine, when I tilt it the F1 light comes on, also when its tilted the fuel pump doesnt make the noise it normally does.

Im well confused to what can be wrong here

took the spark plugs out and leaned them against the engine, they all seem to spark at the push of the button

But it doesn't jump between the points, they seem to be al over the place on all off them, could this be the cause?

Edited by marlo086

Can you see if those spark plugs are worn out, or when they have been changed?

Too rich mixture can easily kill plugs and even burning them dry with gas flame wont wake them up.

Black carbon dirt conducts electricity and thats why spark can jump all over the plug.

Maybe it would be wise to change them just to be sure.

Edited by Maintenanceman

Wise words Henri.

Not sure when they have been change, I cleaned them and re-adjusted the gap and they seem to spark properly now, I cant test the bike now cause I cant find the nut that holds the fuel line on and its not a metric nut either so will need to find that and the washer. 

Yay, she's purring like a tiger again

Glad you got it going again..

Yay, she's purring like a tiger again dam spark plugs! Those NGK's will probably last 100,000 miles if you clean them off!

Thank you everyone for all your support!!

:icon_cheers: Sometimes simple things can cause problems, did you change them or just clean?

Just cleaned them off, i was going to buy new once but for £10 each I thought id better clean them first. The manufacture once are really good and no reason they should go bad so nothing a wire brush cant fix according to them.

Great news Marlo, just in time for the better weather. Now go and enjoy.