Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest borderline

Small dent in tank

9 posts in this topic

I am a new X11 owner and new to this forum. Could one of the long term owners solve my question about this bizarre piece of Honda design. I'm talking about the small dent on the left hand side of the petrol tank. All X11s seem to have them so I assume it is some clever aerodynamic aid. Hopefully someone on here can help.

Welcome Si, It's just where the flies hit it when you're travelling at hyper speed.

Or more likely where the handlebars hit when the previous owner let it fall, probably when stationary, due to the weight of the bike and the small steering lock. 

Yeah - mine came with one ready supplied - however - I have already excavated it further.

Drat! that's a bugger, you could always fill the dent if it's not too bad..

Or just buy a Bagster tank cover.

Funny you should mention that, my last X had a very, very, very tiny dink in the tank with no obvious explanation why and how the unbroken paint barely visible dink came from, now I am a bit wise :).

Strange, i dont have those at all, maybe i should make some? :rolleyes:

Henri you can buy them off flea bay.Go to buyadint page average price 3euros a dent.If you look at eddyace posting you see he brought a job lot for his car.

Edited by blueboy

Thanks mate, i was all ready preparing my self mentally for going to order them oem but luckily you can get them from dentbay  :P