Guest Minty

Bridgestone T30's?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. It's time for new tyres on my bike and I'm torn between a few tyres. I'll be commuting 30 miles a day. I want a tyre that lasts resonably well but sticks to the road like s**t to a blanket in wet and dry, grip being my first priority. I've been recommended Bridgestone T30's at £264 fitted. Has anyone had any dealings with those before? The other choices would be, Bridgestone 023's which I had on my 12 Bandit and was impressed with them, or one of the tyres from the Michelin Pilot range. The bike has Pilot 2CT's on at the mo which seem ok. Any ideas?

I'm running Pilot road 4's which grip in the wet as others do in the dry. I'm well impressed with them.

Blimey, quick reply Mick!! I've rang round the tyre places I'd use and got some different ideas each time. Pilot Road 4's get a good rep but are expensive at £277. Bridgestone 023's old hat and ok at £235. T30's really good grip but don't last as well. One guy swears by Metzler Z8's at £215. I don't mind what I'm paying to be honest but want the best tyre for the bike. So Road 4's at the mo. Lets see what else gets thrown in the pot.

RP4s on my BM, best tyre for our shitty roads , fantastic grip at all speeds in the wet and dry.  £277 seems a bit dear for a set of RP4s, I did a quick Google and found the front for £85 and the rear for £119, I bet you could get them cheaper if you shopped around.

Cool. Cheers Kenko. That was a fitted price. I'll check further to find a better price.

I thought the T30's were supposed to have improved stability grip and logevity for tourers and quicker warm up over the BT023's

Metzler road tec z6 you can still get them & at bargin prices I like them better than the z8 they last longer ?? 

I just bought a set of Pilot Road 4's since my wheels were already taken off, and the old Pilot Roads were pretty much toasted.

They weren't that expensive at all - 250€ (around 187 quids) delivered to my home door. And I changed and balanced them by myself :)

They aren't that sexy looking though (I guess it's a matter of taste) but I heard they grip in the wet like monster. And that's what I wanted from new tires - confidence.

OK after a first few rides (in wet too) and getting the tires scrubbed in, confidence is indeed the word I'd use for description about PR4.

The profile is rounder than the original PR's, which really makes it turn in with much less efforts, and it feels solid and confident through the corners. I wouldn't call it restless as some people do, there's no problems in straight lines or road grooves. I think it's just effortless, it simply goes where you tell it to go.

Still haven't had a change to try it out in heavy rain conditions.

It really awaken me that tires do make difference. Though new tire is always better than old and worn one, and this is my first new set of tires on X11.

"Would buy again"

Me too, great tyres.