Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Tommo

Charging battery or not as the case may be!

5 posts in this topic

Hi, can anyone shed some light on this please.? My battery is not being charged when running it's reading 12.5v when idling and when you increase the revs to around 4000 it's struggles up to about 13.2v? I have tested the stator ( as by you tube video explains) and this all checks out as good putting out 65v ish at 5000rpm. Thoughts are now turning to regulator rectifier? Does anyone know if these are a match to the blackbird and does anyone know if a Yamaha one will do the same job? Thanks in anticipation.....

HI Tommo sounds like the reg/rec is on its way out should be showing 14.6v .I replaced my with one from JAWS but altered the wires as the b/bird one they have as one long lead +one short lead where the x11 has two short leads.The jaws regs are a uprate to the honda one.

Thanks blue boy. Will look up jaws and hopefully cure the problem! Many thanks for the help.....

Hi,  and thanks again.  Yes it was the reg.rec.  Have now cured that problem.  I had previously bought a lithium battery but the man from Jaws said that it would wreck the electrics on the SFX1100.  Any ideas on this?  Thanks

"A battery is a battery is a battery is a battery".  No way a battery can "wreck the electrics", assuming that it's 12v and of a similar capacity. It is just about possible that one could perhaps damage the reg/rec, but I don't see why such a battery would be particularly worse than any other...

kr  D,