AndyH

Bagster tank covers

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering if any of the chaps on here use

Bagster/Baglux tank covers and tank bags?:huh:

Are they any good,do they cause any problems

does your tank get wet when it rains and stays wet underneath

the cover?:huh:

I've Had one since My X was new , It keeps the paintwork like new and as I have a tank bag I use for work and touring it serves well , I'm on my second tank cover now (purchased 2nd hand of the well known site) as the first one got bleached by the sun due to the bike being stored under a corrugated plastic roof ,

Money well spent as the 25ltr bag is now 14 years old and still going strong apart from one rear clasp failing a couple of years back but easily purchased as a replacement from bagster.

As for weather getting In never had any real problems as the cover is a good fit around the filler (just pull it down evenly) I always remove it for washing though,

I've had mine ( tank cover and bag) for 3 years with no problems. I leave it on for washing, just be careful with the hose-pipe when rinsing.

I have a black cover on a yellow x11,was on when I brought the bike and the thing I really like is whoever fitted it went to the trouble of putting a black covering around the base of the tank and pad of same material round filler opening.As for bagster covers etc they are based in north wales and are good people to deal with. (near WOODS M/Cs) and the products are good and secure

Result. I just grabbed a bargin off flee bay of a bagster tank cover & tank bag for the hefty cost of £34 plus £15 postage.

Thought I was gonna be out bid at the last minute as usually happens. But thankfully didn't.

There are some good points in having a rare bike. Lol