Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest spas

Gear changing problems

4 posts in this topic

I'm having problems when changing gear, sometimes its from 3rd to 4th and sometimes from 4th to 5th. The gear leaver seems to be stuck and I have to go down a gear before it will go past the gear I'm in. It seem to only happen when I start the ride.

Anyone had any experience with this?

What engine oil are you using? Sounds like it's a little too thick when the engine is cold.

hi

If you use the clutch for upshifting? is there any difference? what oil you use? I've noticed that some oils are not suitable for Honda gearbox. I use Castrol Power 1 Racing motoroil in my engine just for better shifting. difference betveen some other oil is remarkable. 

When I received the right to download x11 manual from this site then I can see how x11 shifting mechanism exactly works and maybe I can tell you more. 

my point is that if you have problem only beginning of the ride then there can be only some mechanical problems what better lubrication and maybe right temperature cures. and that kind of problems sometimes cures better oil.

And I apologize for my poor English language. ;)

Edited by KIBU

Take that front sprocket cover off and clean all the dirt and hardened chain grease out, it might cause some problems.