Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest highboy_coupe

Brake calipers from Blackbird

6 posts in this topic

Hello again,

I have recently got a second hand x11 left front caliper and put new pistons and seals in and fitted it/bled brakes manually. This is great and all went smoothly using the old glass bottle and clear tube method.

This has shown up my front right caliper as not being great either, but I cannot find a second hand unit anywhere.

I prefer to work on a spare caliper off the bike as it lets me keep the brake fluid in the system and I don't loose much when I swap the refurbed caliper quickly on the bike.(I haven't found a good way of blocking the brake line whilst a caliper is off the bike, if anyone has any tips then let me know!)

As Blackbird claipers are abundant and cheap, could I use one on the x11? The piston sizes are all the same, and the only physical difference I can see is that the pad pin looks different, and possibly the pads are different.

Anyone know, or have blackbird calipers fitted??

Thank you in advance!

GRaham

P.S. I know from another thread someone mentioned brake components might fit, but the part numbers are significantly different, what gives???

I checked out Finish service cards.

There is difference between brake pads, if i remember correctly they are all the same but difference comes by hardness of the pads and little bit different back plates (those thin bright shims).

Bads might be the same but with pack ordered by the part# you might get pads with back plates or without them depending of the #

Here is the list.

X-11 (CB1100SF 2000-02 SC42)  Front Left 06455-MCC-006

Right 06456-MCC-006

BlackBird        1997-1998   (SC35)              Both 06455-MAT-006

1999-2000   (SC35)              Both 06455-MAT-006

2001       (SC35)             Right 06456-MCC-006

Left 06455-MAT-E22

2002-2007   (SC35)              06455-MAT-E22 X 2

think there maybe a caliper on that auction web page

Thanks, at the minute there are a few l/h and rear, but no r/h.

The left hand one I got was only 20 quid, at that price I may as well collect some spares!!

soz there was a r/h one on when I posted can't remember price,think it was about £23.maybe next time