Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HornetJay

Get hot quick on idle.

9 posts in this topic

Just a quick question, but after I have ridden the X11 I noticed that whilst I'm doing my garaged door and getting ready to put the bike back, the engine heats up pretty quickly, the fan kicks in, it just seem to get hotter quicker than the Hornet, is this normal?

Very normal, they heat up very fast when moving slowly or stationary. As long as the fan comes on there's nowt to worry about.

As Mick said... :)

Yep normal :)

Thanks for the info, I'll post some pics of it soon, its a weird two colour one with yellow tank.

Edited by HornetJay

And is your weird one grey and yellow with a black engine.If so its a standard SF1

Thats right, when I looked at it I thought that someone had dropped the bike and replaced the tank with another one, till I came here and looked at the colour pictures :)

It seemed kind of wierd Honda would make a bike like that.

Edited by HornetJay

Just a quick question, but after I have ridden the X11 I noticed that whilst I'm doing my garaged door and getting ready to put the bike back, the engine heats up pretty quickly, the fan kicks in, it just seem to get hotter quicker than the Hornet, is this normal?

Wont get hot so fast when temp is like +5 to -1 Celsius (like here) :)

Thats right, when I looked at it I thought that someone had dropped the bike and replaced the tank with another one, till I came here and looked at the colour pictures :)

It seemed kind of wierd Honda would make a bike like that.

if you look at SFY's there a all yellow one when I have never seen one of, but I also have the Yellow and grey SF1 and the thing is if you put a black tank cover on it looks good and when tou take it off people think you have a new bike. :muttley: