AndyH

LED Tail light/Stop Bulbs

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if any of you chaps have fitted Led tail light/stop bulbs.

I have tried them on other bikes and like the brightness and instant illumination

when using the brakes.But the other bikes had a seperate number plate light

and the X11 appears to have a clear section beneath the rear lens and uses the rear 

bulbs to provide downward illumination so to speak.I think that Leds dont spray

the light around in the same way and think that there may not be enough if any

numberplate illumination....

Why would you want to illuminate your number plate, is visible enough in the day. Somebody has put tape over that part of my lens & I'm dis- enclined to remove it  :) , oops did Isay that out loud.

Many years ago (7 or so) I purchased a LED rear light cluster from Nippy Normans (no longer listed in stock) it was for the Blackbird rear light too, it has Brake and side light red LED's as well as a row of white ones for the number plate. Just done a quick search for one again but not finding it any more. At the weekend I will open up the light and see if I can get a part number off it.

There are combined Brake/Turn LED ones out there but not sure if they have the number plate white LEDs

I have this http://www.lights4all.com/TAIL-LIGHTS-187/INTEGRATED-TAIL-LIGHTS/TYPE-SPECIFIC-143/HONDA-172/INTEGRATED-LED-TAILLIGHT-CB-1100-X-11-X-ELEVEN--00-01-.html

I have had it for a three years now.

It have clear leds for the plate, also i connected those indicators, works fine.

Funny thing was that when i ordered it, delivery was fast and when i fitted it i notice that there was a bad connection inside the light.

I send e-mail to the shop and told that there was a bad solder inside, it was the connector, and it is ok now after i fixed it, just to inform them that quality control could be better.

They replied that they can give me money back or new light, i answered that i dont need money back because it is ok now. They send me a new light anyway, nice.

Blimey.Thanks for the response guys.That gives me something to chew over...

I will let you know what I get fixed up with....