MOB993

Warped brake disc??

5 posts in this topic

Ok so I've finally got the X11 back on the road after the off I had and there was a rubbing on the front wheel area, took a while to figure out what it was. i noticed that the right brake caliper was moving in and out as i drove the bike slowly. So when looking at the caliper from the seat it was moving left to right ad the wheel spun.

Is this definitely a warped disc? I dont want to spend the money on a new discs to discover its something else...

Also as money is tight I was gona pick up a second hand disc from a Carb model Blackbird, will this fit??

It would get me back on the road full time till (if i ever get compensated for the accident) I could afford good set up front.

Any help would be great!

The blackbird and X11 have different part niumbers (for 2000 model year anyway)

blackbird

PFKL612003 DISK COMP., R. FR. BRAKE £171.96 (€196.03) ($275.14) 001  

PFKL612003 DISK COMP., R. FR. BRAKE £171.96 (€196.03) ($275.14) 001

X11

PFKL612045 DISK COMP., R. FR. BRAKE £153.41 (€174.89) ($245.46) 001  

PFKL615721 DISK COMP., L. FR. BRAKE £153.41 (€174.89) ($245.46) 001

Edited by highboy_coupe

Knew it wouldnt be that easy..

Those discs are "floating" discs, check out if there is dirt in those "rivets" and clean them, then the disc might start to go straight.

Check out front wheel bearings, few years ago one Yamaha MT-01 came for brake service, owner said that he have to pump the front brake to get the grip, brake disc was wobbling and it pushed pads and pistons away so that he had to always pump the brake to get it work.

Reason for that was bad wheel bearing what caused the wheel to lean to the right side.

At the same time disc was grinding the caliber little bit.

Gona take the wheel and dogey disc off and have a good look/clean. It is only one disc. will try get a vid to show it