Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest highboy_coupe

Front exhaust securing bolt question

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I put some Remus revolution aluminium exhausts on my X over the weekend, all went very well and they look fantastic. However I noticed that the original exhausts have a welded on bolt near the downpipe that looks like it should be fastened to the frame. The frame has a kind of 'C' shaped bit of metal there, but it is not closed. It is the same on both sides.

What is supposed to go here? I drew a picture!

dLhqc9g.png

My Remus exhausts have a hanger here, but no bolt, so I am assuming I need to find a bolt that fits, plus whatever it is supposed to be fastened to. Can enyone check thei bike to see if I am missing something?

Thanks

Edited by highboy_coupe

They have this funny rubber washer thingy, looks like a cotton reel, kind of.

Hi,

I put some Remus revolution aluminium exhausts on my X over the weekend, all went very well and they look fantastic. However I noticed that the original exhausts have a welded on bolt near the downpipe that looks like it should be fastened to the frame. The frame has a kind of 'C' shaped bit of metal there, but it is not closed. It is the same on both sides.

What is supposed to go here? I drew a picture!

dLhqc9g.png

My Remus exhausts have a hanger here, but no bolt, so I am assuming I need to find a bolt that fits, plus whatever it is supposed to be fastened to. Can enyone check thei bike to see if I am missing something?

Thanks

Got the very same exhausts fitted to my bike they sound good without the baffles in, just been in to my garage to see how my Remus fits onto my bike. each of these exhausts comes in two pieces ie the silencer and the short connector pipe which connects to the down pipes, on the connector pipe is a lug which bolts somewhere on the engine. My connector pipes came without these lugs as the bloke who sold them to me ground them off, made no difference to fitting them, just as secure, when you took of your original silencers you would have noticed the silencer and connector pipe all in one and you would have seen the second lug on the short pipe and noticed where it fitted ........And as Eddy said there is some kind of rubber cotton reel washer

post-358-0-98148400-1379518534_thumb.jpg

post-358-0-00009100-1379518559_thumb.jpg

post-358-0-63451200-1379518588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kenko

Ahh I see, thank, I can see on Lings Honda that there seems to be a rubber bobbin thingy and a little sleeve. I can order them new still!

Kenko, I am very grateful for that, but its the hanger right next to the downpipe that I'm on about! The main hanger is fine and dandy.

Sorry Graham I thought you were referring to the lugs on the connector pipe.. does this help?

post-358-0-19030600-1379520567_thumb.jpg

They are there because the original exhaust is so heavy & needs the support. My link pipes on the venom system did not have them & only relies on the main hanger at the rear foot rest mount.

If your system is light enough it should not require this fixing point.

Remove it or use it the choice is yours :)

Cool, thank you both. I think as my Remus cans are 2.5kg each I can get away with not buying the rubber donuts and stuff, they were missing when I removed the original exhaust so I was confused as to what the lugs on the exhaust connector pipes were supposed to fit into.

Now I know!

Edited by highboy_coupe