MOB993

Lefthand side Engine casing

23 posts in this topic

Hi folks dropped the x11 pretty bad and need new engine casing on the left side of the bike. struggling to find one from an x11 so I'm hoping that one from a blackbird will do. Am I right? Below is said damage..

BikeEngineCasing2.jpg

Am i using the wrong name for it or what because cant even find any for a blackbird at the minute..

It's the alternator cover and yes the slackbird ones fit. You can also get a moulded cover that goes over them, looks like a blob of melted plastic then.

How did that happen Matt? Hope you are OK.

Bit of good news that the bird case will fit. The local council had spread pea gravel at the middle of a bend to stop the tar lifting in the heat. But didn bother to put up signs to warn people and even tho i was only doing 30-40mph I didn hav a chance and bike went from under me. Handle bar broke, clocks smashed, tank dented and scraped, exhausts scraped, mirrors snapped clean off. Not a happy camper at the minute..

What years will fit??

Glad you're ok Matt, the bike can always be repaired.

yep.

Hi glad you are OK have the other side powder coated and uprate you bike from a SFY to a SF1.

Just give John Jaws a tinkle cos he does recon units painted in the correct colour at less money than Silvers :niceone:

Also I might need to get a new tank but abviously getting an X11 tank is pretty hard especially here in Ireland. Ive read that a blackbird tank can fit will it be much work to make it fit though?? Will the fit around the seat be different?

Well Matt!

I just might have the answer for you.

I bought a Corbin seat for my Blackbird a little while back and when I got the X11 I thought I would try the Corbin on it thinking that if the seat fit both bikes I could just use the on comfy seat for both. The only reason it wouldn't fit is the locking bar mechanism at the rear of the subframe was about 20cm longer on the Blackbird but.........

in answer to your question the seat fitted well around the X11 tank!

Therefore I see no reason why the seat wouldn't fit

My only concern would be the two front rubbers that hold the tank in place are the same height width etc between X11 and Blackbird

Hope this helps

You need some of these :)

post-10-0-63695800-1344185012_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-37160800-1344185027_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-56420500-1344184950_thumb.jpg

Edited by wayne

You need some of these :)

They would have been better than the Hepco ones I have on it. They did protect the bike tho. Got the a garage to give me a quote and he reckons that it could be a write off.

Well Matt!

I just might have the answer for you.

I bought a Corbin seat for my Blackbird a little while back and when I got the X11 I thought I would try the Corbin on it thinking that if the seat fit both bikes I could just use the on comfy seat for both. The only reason it wouldn't fit is the locking bar mechanism at the rear of the subframe was about 20cm longer on the Blackbird but.........

in answer to your question the seat fitted well around the X11 tank!

Therefore I see no reason why the seat wouldn't fit

My only concern would be the two front rubbers that hold the tank in place are the same height width etc between X11 and Blackbird

Hope this helps

I might have to go down the route of getting a blackbird tank if I can't get the dents out and have to pay for the work myself. Already asked a company who said that it was too bad for them to fix..I will put up some pictures of the bike tomorrow to shows you's the complete damage..

Jeez Matt sorry to hear about the spill but glad you didn't suffer as much as the bike did.

Might speed up the streetfighter project now if you can't get your hands the x11 parts.

Anyway take it easy and hope the auld X is back burnin rubber soon.

Jeez Matt sorry to hear about the spill but glad you didn't suffer as much as the bike did.

Might speed up the streetfighter project now if you can't get your hands the x11 parts.

Anyway take it easy and hope the auld X is back burnin rubber soon.

Cheers lad. Yea looks like i will be fightering it now for sure. The price of x11 parts and even just sourcing them is a pain...

the council would be liable for the damage to your bike Matt, they caused a hazard on the road so should compensate you as such, id have a word with a solicitor it cant hurt

Yes had a word with a solicitor and he didn't really inspire me with confidence about my chances of getting compensation. He didn't say I would loose though, not that he cares really cos he will get paid either way. I think that I will be planning on maybe going through the small claims court less compensation but practically free and much quicker..

Good luck with that Matt, hope it all turns out OK for you.

Yes goood luck with your claim I know councils have paid out in England don't know if it different over there.Bry