midgebuster

Fluffing at low revs

4 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has answered before, but I've got a proper misfire up to 3500 revs, after that it runs fine, and still pulls like a train. Went over to the TT, ran it at silly speeds on the way up and on the island, all to no avail. I'm wondering if I've had some dodgy fuel, but this should have been flushed out by the running at speed I would have thought. I'm going to try changing the plugs as they've been in 10 years and 10k miles, but again if they were playing up wouldn't there be a noticeable misfire throughout the range? It seems odd that it ran fine until I filled it up with some super unleaded at the services by mistake, could it be water in the fuel?

Would love your input guys, a bit of knowledge could save me a load of dosh!

I would say it was the plugs, after 10 years use all sorts of things could have gone wrong, the insulator could have cracked leading to intermittent spark, the gap on the plugs may be out causing a weak spark. I would most definitely put new plugs in just to eliminate that area.  Hope you manage to sort it out plus BJs is just around the corner from you for the plugs. :biggrin3d:    

^ True, basic things have to be ok before you can find the problem.

Fuel pressure (regulator can "leak" and on high revs fuel flow is ok), some sh*t in the injectors, ignition coil problem, there could be many reasons.

Have just had same problem with my 2001 X11 its only done 8500 miles in 12 years ! I changed the plugs and now running as good as ever :-)