Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest sid the sloth

What to look for

19 posts in this topic

Hi all, new to the site, just joined without an x11. I am going to look at an o2 model with 34000 miles on the clock on saturday. So my question is what do i look for? Are there any tell tale signs or defects i should know about, also what is the going price for this year with that mileage. Any advice would be greatful. Thanks...............Keith

Hi Keith and welcome. A test ride should tell you a lot and hopefully you'll get lots of tips from the other members here.

Look to see if its in good overall condition for starters,as it got any kind of history, receipts for consumables etc, all a good indication that its been looked after. :):welcome:

Hi look at chain and spockets and ask the owner to sit on the bike to see slack under load.Have a look thru forum and ask if rec/reg has been did getting to the mileage for one.then it mainly common sense.as for price i was offered a mint 13k 02 private sale expect for front fender (£140 to fix) for less than £2500

Yep that sounds about right Blueboy. Bought mine as you know in September for £2600 from a dealer with I think it's 17000 on the clock so you are right on the money

I was lucky to have it with every MOT certrificate from 3 year old so mileage was proven.

These are not bikes that can be thrashed and engines are bullet proof

cam chain tensioners can fail but new uprated ones from Jaws are not expensive

and it's the usual regulator/generator syndrome that blights the honda range

I am not sure about X11 owners but there are quite a few recorded cases of Blackbirds (same engine) with over 100,000 miles on the clock and still sweet!

Hope this helps..................ps welcome! :niceone2:

Yep that sounds about right Blueboy. Bought mine as you know in September for £2600 from a dealer with I think it's 17000 on the clock so you are right on the money

I was lucky to have it with every MOT certrificate from 3 year old so mileage was proven.

I am not sure about X11 owners but there are quite a few recorded cases of Blackbirds (same engine) with over 100,000 miles on the clock and still sweet!

Can't be thrashed? Wanna bet!

Mine gets trashed most weekends around Mid Wales keeping up with my sportsbike riding mates.. :rock-on:

Mine gets trashed most weekends around Mid Wales keeping up with my sportsbike riding mates.. :rock-on:

Now you are very brave as

A..... The X11 is no sluuuug!

B..... More importantly trashing your bike in Wales is incredibly brave as Wales has the most bike intollerant police in the whole UK! and that's official!!!! :naughty:

Chap on the Blackbird forum managed to get pulled 5 times in Wales just for routine checks :dontknow:

Hope you meant: "thrashed" Ken?

Doh! THRASHED is was I meant to type, must lay off the whiskey when on this site. :)

Anyway Keith let us know how you get on with the veiwing of the bike Ps in my opinion the colour is not important as long as it not a slow ---- one .HeHe

Now you are very brave as

A..... The X11 is no sluuuug!

B..... More importantly trashing your bike in Wales is incredibly brave as Wales has the most bike intollerant police in the whole UK! and that's official!!!! :naughty:

Chap on the Blackbird forum managed to get pulled 5 times in Wales just for routine checks :dontknow:

Yes I agree the X is no slow coach but it can be thrashed as any other bike, I also own a Gen 2 Vmax which always gets a good work out every time I go on it. :D

As for being brave I don't think so, stupid maybe, my wife keeps telling me to grow up and act my age. :baby:

Doh! THRASHED is was I meant to type, must keep on the whiskey when on this site. :)

Fixed that for you Ken!

Thanks lads for your comments, oh and its blue (are they the pinkest?). Any ideas why i keep underlining my posts?............cheers Keith

Doh! THRASHED is was I meant to type, must keep on the whiskey when on this site. :)

Fixed that for you Ken!

Cheers Eddy, have a drink on me, you will need a bottle for this weekends weather..

Thanks lads for your comments, oh and its blue (are they the pinkest?). Any ideas why i keep underlining my posts?............cheers Keith

Might be an idea to totally avoid the pinkest colour...............................CRAP AS THIS MIGHT HAPPEN

Any more of this pinkest crap and there'll be trouble!

b809cfee40_yellow-card1.jpg

:popcorn:

Yes I keep getting the ..................underlined as well :dontknow:

Changing the subject ever so slightly ^_^

Oh well i wont underline this one. :neener: