Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest phpbiker

Found Rattle? Clutch Basket Dampener Failure?

5 posts in this topic

Well I think I found my rattle. Surely this isn't normal this amount of free play? Both primary gears where completely stationary whilst this movement was visible.

There is also some rocking movement of the basket ..

No problems thinks I .. Blackbird parts.. But it seems that the part numbers for the clutch outers (at least) are different.

Can anyone advice is there is any compatibility in this area?

If this part is knackered .. which it seems to be .. if anyone could advise the best way to proceed .. I guess these parts are going to be like the bikes .. rocking horse doo doo .. ??

Fingers crossed as the OEM bits are £460 odd .. archhh ..

Hope all are well ..

Jake

Looks fine to me.

Oh well .. put it back together then ... that metallic sound .. that's defo what I am hearing between 2 and 3 K when cold .. doesn't go away when I pull the lever .. Just ignore it Eddie?

Which I hadn't removed the clutch plates now too .. (idiot) ..

These things are a tad different from the older engines I've rebuilt in the past ..

if everything is torqued up to correct tension and the plate are when in tolerance it should be ok, you need to have a bit of play ,are you sure you have right grade of oil ,I would think that you have as wrong grade would be more incline to cause slippage ?

Well ... I used 15w50 for a bit as the manual said it was OK in our temperature range in the UK in summer .. and all it did was make it hold on to temperature for a bit longer .. didn't make it noticeably quieter at all.. Going back to 10w40 when I re-assemble.