Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest A13BKD

Oily info and a question

6 posts in this topic

Morning All,

I use Hein Gericke semi synth; I discovered yesterday that they're in administration and are mid closing down sale. I tried to buy a can of said semi synth oil but they'd sold out. The point is they have a 25% discount on oil.

As I want to change the oil in the X11 I'll probably end up buying GPS (or whatever it's now called) because it's easy to find but going back to Eddy's old oil post re Comma Syner G, does anyone know if Halfords oil is still re-branded Comma?

I would be happy to use Comma but they seem to have rebranded too (!) so I'll call them tomorrow and double-check that they've not added anything to the type Eddy (and others) have used.

Cheers

Brady

(sunny and warming up nicely in Hampshire...change the oil tomorrow I think!)

I still get Comma syner-g from my local place.

Probabaly best to get bike specific if you can't find it.

Just a quick update following my original email above -

I spoke with Comma this morning; a very helpful chap told me that he felt sure their oils would be okay when used with a wet clutch but as they're not JASO certified, Comma do not recommend. He did however suggest the following - http://www.commaoil.com/productsguide/view/6/271 with the following part code FSTFS1L available in 1Ltr cans.

This looks to be spot on if a little pricey - £10.38 from Amazon with free delivery. Possibly cheaper elsewhere.

A bit of a shame as the SynerG is first class and seems to work well in both our cars.

Cheers

Brady

Blimey, I get syner-g for about 17 quid for 5 ltrs, shame I don't have a bike to put it in any more... ho hum.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/ do comma stuff, maybe worth a trawl to see what they've got.

if you go to you local branch they can transfer stock but may not be helpful with they jobs on the line .I brough a spare battery for my hondas for £26 which is 70% off all batteries Bry

Busters do some good deals,on that auction site.