Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest giuart

Knock Sensor

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a problem with FI lights 2 long anf five short. The manual says Knock Sensor.

The problem: the FI lifgt switch on always after 100-130 Km. ride not before. The Engine run without any problem both before and after the FI Light switch on. After the first lights on after 100-130 Km. if I restart the engine the lights switch off and then switch on at random time (sometises immediately, sometimes after 20 Km, sometimes after 6 Km, sometimes after 34 Km.).

when the bike stays in garage for a day (engine cold) and I start for a new ride the sequence is always the same: th ligts switch on after 100-130 Km. and so on. and the error blinking in always 25.

To test the sintoms I've done 1000Km. and the sintoms is stable. Now it's time to investigate the problem to understand wath's the cause.

I'm asking help to locate the problem.......

giu

First, check all the related connections, and also those that are not so related :)

Havent heard that anybody had to change the sensor it self.

Nothing to do, the FI lights switch on always after 130 Km. And it's independent from the condition of use. It's really strange.

Have you tried that you let the bike idle so long that it gets hot, maybe heat related issue. Not km. Strange thou.