Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest phpbiker

Is it worth doing the Factory Connector Block Removal?

13 posts in this topic

On these bikes as supposed to the bird?

Jake are you sure you want a X11 or would you be better off buying a blackbird and throwing the bodywork away.I only ask as you seem to want to made your bike into a naked bird which it is not.If you want a stripped bird theres one on flea bay with work done .I hope you don't take this the wrong way it just my view.Cheers Bry

Bry ... I only want to know if its worth fixing the flippin connector, as I've read about it .. is it a problem on X's like it is on bird's .. if not .. doesn't matter.. thats all ..

sorry if offenced it sI like standard bikes :help:

So do I mate!..

I'll keep the bike as standard in appearance as possible. I changed the headers but kept the standard cans, as it gives me a nice little increase in top end power, which I prefer, I now have pretty much the power delivery that I prefer, without too much alteration.

I was only wondering about the factory connector block as although in a different place on an X.. it gives problems on birds .. so I wondered if anyone with an X had done anything about it, or just left it alone...The most mods I'll ever do .. is cans and a PC3 .. no bellypan (I dont think) .. no paint. no stickers ..etc ... promise :-) .. It is an X-11 I want NOT a bird :-) Also promise :-) ..

Those :-) are supposed to be :)

Hi, sorry if i'm a bit thick, but which connector do you mean? There seems to be loads, especially in the headlamp.

Apparently someone on the bike there is a big connector block used in the factory to check the bike, that then becomes a terminal block with interconnections.

According to Jaws and other threads we might have them too on our X's .. They can cause big problems on birds.. as I plan to keep my bike for yonks .. I was wondering if anyone had sorted theirs or if anyone thought it was necessary.

The x11 doesn't have any such connector.

Thanks Eddy ... good news ..

Check the wiring diagram !

Are you saying they do now?

No he isn't, he's saying that if you look on the diagram you won't find a connector!

I have fixed at least three BB`s with connector problems, it has always been that big connector above the transmission, under rear part of the fuel tank on the left side behind the frame.

There is a rubber boot and that connector is inside that boot, it is located so that the larger opening of the boot faces little bit up and that causes rain water and washing water to go inside the boot and it stays there. Usually that causes connector to corrode and it will make electric`s do what ever.

Often that is just FI light burning and bike is still working ok.

Some BB owners take away those connectors and connect those wires wire by wire.

Hope that explanation was clear enough.

Edited by Maintenanceman