Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest phpbiker

190 Rear - Upset Handling?

8 posts in this topic

I am a computer engineer, and I am having trouble with this search facility, maybe a browser issue, doesn't matter what I search I get no results..

So .. I'll ask ..

Anyone tried a 190 rear? Did it upset the handling or does the 50 profile give enough compensation for the wider tyre when using it on an X-11?

I have used few years now 190/50 rear, cant say that it is better or worse than 180/55.

Fits nice.

Cool. Looks a little more butch too .. I bet :-)

I found it works fine, but slows down the turn in of the bike slighlty, nothing to be concerned about tho, also with my riding style I wore it out quicker than the std180/55 :huh:

It did feel more planted / stable with the 190, probably due to bigger contact patch ?

Worth a try, I'm back with the 180/55 metz Z8 interact lots of twisty stuff around me, like the speed of the change of direction with the 180.

Edited by wayne

I have also Z8 waiting that my Z6 is finished, front has been Z8 from last spring.

Im Running a 190 but Ive got a CBR1000rr rear wheel so the rim is 6" wide and the 190 is the correct fit , a 190 on a 5.5 rim will be slightly squashed so you probably wont get the correct contact patch in the center but more on the sides. resulting in the center wearing out qiuker.

Im Running a 190 but Ive got a CBR1000rr rear wheel so the rim is 6" wide and the 190 is the correct fit , a 190 on a 5.5 rim will be slightly squashed so you probably wont get the correct contact patch in the center but more on the sides. resulting in the center wearing out qiuker.

Good answer ..

I have a 190 et back and i found it to wobble littlebit at corners, but it might be that also, that i have not drive enought my bike.