Guest phpbiker

Balancer Noise / Tension

57 posts in this topic

Eyesights not good enough - what rwhp did you get?

I checked the diameter of the X11 Y piece and it's tiny - did you use a different Y piece?

Pete

Edited by plastic_orange

143 Rwhp,

Not a different Y, std Honda.

The only problem is finding a Y piece at the right price to butcher, mine was from Germany header pipes damaged so perfect fot the project.

I retained both cans, which was why I did it.

Wayne.

Edited by wayne

Ive heard from several reliable sources that the blackbird replica headers, airbox mods, and end cans are good for similar figures, one person saying more.

Adding the inlet cam would get close to 150Rwhp but get rid of the torque wave some people love. That's all letting the standard ECU cope, I'd presume better leaving the 02 sensor intact.

Its a toughy, but the Acro system cost more than the above on its own doesn't it?

Yep

Ackro now how to charge & would be more than the above, used ones are rare, I was lucky with my Ackro purchase & it took a few weeks to locate a Y piece at the right price.

All I really know for sure, is that these bikes REALLY look much better with twin pipes..

I've got my eye on some headers.. and I think I'll mate them too a set of black carbon short end cans from china with a bespoke small baffle to get them through MOT .. I've heard a set done like this and they were both cheap, really nice to look at AND not stupidly loud, the little baffle was a tidy arrangement .. short and not restrictive but effective at getting the noise down ..

My friend struggled to sell a full akra system recently - it wasn't dear, so they do come up. I only paid around £125 for my Micron system.

Looks are a personal thing - a mate has a Z1000 with lovely short twin cans - sounds great too. If you fancy the twin look, you may well release more power with a bigger bore Y piece.

Pete

That's the thing .. blackbird power is plenty ..

Just a little more extension of the power in the top end is all I need, it'll give it considerably more "punch" .. but it'll be at the expense of "grunt" .. which personally, is how I prefer it.

I am an ex two stroke fan .. :-)