Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Buster the cat

will a power commander grt rid of flat spot below 3000RPM ?

7 posts in this topic

My x11 is great but would be even better without the flat spot below 3000RPM ,above that it is great will a power commander help if not what will please help .

Paul I can't tell you if a PC would cure your flat spot below 3000 rpm cos I have not got one fitted to my bike as it does not have a flat spot. :) It's smooth all the way until it bounces of the rev limiter.........

thank you Kenko sounds like that is what i want, i think it is a honda built in thing to get the x11 through the emmision checks because thay are checked just below 3000rpm where honda make it run lean so very clean but not much power thanks againe

Have a go at synchronising your starter valves. That sometimes improves things low down the rev range.

thanks im going to have a good check over it saturday afternoon ,and give it a spin on the dyno and see what that tells me im hoping it will show weak fueling below 3000rpm if it is i know that if all else checks out ok a power commander will sort it i hope will let you know how i got on .

well ran the x on the dyno and yes below 3000 rpm lean and above 8000 rpm rich so the answer is a power commander .And in the after noon went out for a ride on my Turbo Busa oh my god it is so fast stupid realy but so much fun .

Interestingly I've always felt the the standard bike is set to lean right on the very slightest throttle, on the balance between the over run and actual drive.

I don't have a PC3 on this bike, but I did on the last one, before I used the after market cans, with the original setup I tried a +1 lower down from the laptop and it smelt a bit fuelly on idle so that first +1 could have been removed, but the second one, seemed to really smooth things out.

Also throttle body / carb balance makes a huge difference on any four in this part of the range ..