Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayne

Tacho / Rev Counter

13 posts in this topic

When riding at a constant speed/constant throttle, my tacho needle jumps & fluctuates to higher revs.

Riding at a constant 3000 rpm needle up & down to 4000 rpm.

When accelerating hard tacho works normally.

Tacho gets its signal from the ECM, where does the ECM get its signal from?

Anyone come across this before?

Have a look at page 19-14 of the workshop manual.

My favourite is a crusty connector in the headlight or at the ECM (under the tail) or one of those shitty little wires there.

Replace the Tacho hmm / Replace the ECM F***ing ouch, don't think its a broken wire or it would not work at all.

Edited by wayne

Nah, that'd only happen if you went to a honda dealers and let a fitter loose on it... in which case they'd change both! ;)

Like I said.... My favourite is a crusty connector in the headlight or at the ECM (under the tail) or one of those shitty little wires there.

Hope so,

I have a spare tach tho, & a spare ECM (just remembered ECM is in loft with spare fuel pump)

Fixed it, changed HT leads, had some of those multispark things in line, removed them fitted new leads seems ok.

Just need to take her for a spin. :)

had some of those multispark things in line,

What are they meant to do then, apart from bugger up your tacho?

Give you five sparks at the plug insted of one, been ok for seven years, supposed to improve the burn, give better fuel economy, easier starting, smoother running & small bhp improvement.

My X did use 1 litre less fuel than john & Stewart for the same milage, every time we filled up this year when we were when going to the dutchx11 do.

But I also have the ignition advancer fitted so ?

Contacted the makers they offerd a full refund or change the units, as they guarrantee the units for 10 years.

post-10-0-77883300-1321572145_thumb.jpg This be the item x4 one on each lead Edited by wayne

Interesting.

Maybe the wiring needs shielding or summat?

Been out for a 30+ mile run, Tacho fine :niceone2:

They sent me 4 new units + a free "fuel diamond" (stops fuel going stale in tank & give a cleaner burn ??), will fit them & see if tacho behaves.