Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jimbo

noises

5 posts in this topic

hi people can anyone help.bought x11 last week.first day out smooth as hell love it,second day out smooth as hell love it ,third day out noises and tingling vibration coming thru the bars,it has just had new tyres and srockets and chain the day before i bought it,chain is well lubed and seems the right tension.any suggestions welcome.this is annoying me as i loved the bike. thanks jimbo.

Your chain is probably miles too tight!

Check the tension whilst sat on the bike... when it is right it seems like it must be too slack to be right!

Jimbo

Some things spring to mind with your problem, is your chain to tight? is there any play in the chain whilst you are sitting on the bike off its stand? have you had your wheels balanced when you had your new tyres? have you put an original honda front sprocket on the bike? were the wheel bearings checked?

What type of noise is it? is it a whining? or rattle? where is the noise coming from and does it do it at standstill?

If your chain is too tight will cause damage to your gearbox bearings this could cause noise and vibration, not having your wheels balanced would have been noticible from the moment you rode your bike from the tyre shop did it start then? also i have read on this forum that not having an original front sprocket will be noisy as the original sprockets have a rubber shim attached to them, but this would be silent at standstill, and wheel bearings would be noticable from the handling is the handling ok? can you move the wheel from side to side?

Hope this gives you some thoughts, post some more info and I am sure one of us will come up with the answer.

Pete.

Your chain is probably miles too tight!

Check the tension whilst sat on the bike... when it is right it seems like it must be too slack to be right!

hi fast eddy you and pete both seem to think its the chain.something has just come to mind,i was 2 up when the vibration and noise started,perhaps i should slack the chain off some more will let you know the outcome.thanks again ,jimbo

Jimbo

Some things spring to mind with your problem' date=' is your chain to tight? is there any play in the chain whilst you are sitting on the bike off its stand? have you had your wheels balanced when you had your new tyres? have you put an original honda front sprocket on the bike? were the wheel bearings checked?

What type of noise is it? is it a whining? or rattle? where is the noise coming from and does it do it at standstill?

If your chain is too tight will cause damage to your gearbox bearings this could cause noise and vibration, not having your wheels balanced would have been noticible from the moment you rode your bike from the tyre shop did it start then? also i have read on this forum that not having an original front sprocket will be noisy as the original sprockets have a rubber shim attached to them, but this would be silent at standstill, and wheel bearings would be noticable from the handling is the handling ok? can you move the wheel from side to side?

Hope this gives you some thoughts, post some more info and I am sure one of us will come up with the answer.

Pete.

[/quote']hi pete see note to fast eddy thanks again. jimbo