Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bluex11

X11 fast accelaration problem

11 posts in this topic

I have a problem with my 1999 X11, when I fast accelerate and my rpm reaches 7, the f1 check lights and X11 stops acceleration, engine stalls and becomes unstable until I power off the X11 and start it over again so F1 light is off and acceleration becomes normal until I repeat the fast acceleration again.The X11 doesnt show any error code with F1 light when on its side stand.

Can any body tell me what is this problem please? And how to fix it.

Thanks,

I'd be looking at the TP (Throttle Position) sensor readings, you need a copy of the workshop manual (and an analogue multimeter) and follow the procedure outlined in that.

As an initial check, look at the wiring to the ECU in the tail piece. Look for broken wires and ensure the block connectors are clean and soundly connected. Also the other end at the airbox.

Check also that connector what is on the top of the transmission, behind the left part of the frame, if you sit on the bike, about the same placewhere is your left knee. Those connectors are inside a rubber shield and they can get wet when you wash your bike, also if you are driving in the rain.

Sometimes that rubber "boot" is like upside down, and the water cant get out.

That can create some weird Fi problems, sometimes Fi light just stays on and bike is working normally.

last night I spent it with my beloved X11 to check your advice and here is what I found:

I checked all connections tests mentioned in the service manual for FI indicator with 8 blinks which is related to TP sensor, everything was normal till I reached the ECM, I found a strange device called (advantage racing parts and some Chinese writings),it was connected to the ECM with three wires as follows:

1: black wire (ground) attached to bike body, it was nearly cut and disconnected from the bike

2: red wire connected to ECM gray connector pin no. 2

3: white wire connected to ECM gray connector pin no. 17 and this pin was intently disconnected from the main ECM cable going to the bike.

I also found other wires naked for pin no. 19 in ECM gray connector and pins no. 1, 12 ,13 in ECM black connector

what I did is disconnect the strange device from ECM

connected pin no. 17 the bike main wire

covered all naked wires

The result after doing this was great, I lost the mentioned problem but lost some performance in acceleration

Do you know what is this strange connected device? , it looks like a power commander

Do you think I would better fix it and connect it properly ?

It may be a Techfusion module (or something like that, I can't remember the name).

I'd remove it and repair the wiring with proper soldered connectors.

It's what's more commonly known as a Timing Retard Eliminator (TRE), I don't know enough about Hondas to say if you need it, but older Suzukis benefit from one (it's one of the first tuning mods for GSXR/TL's). All it basically does on a Suzuki is trick the ECU into thinking it's in 4th gear all the time and changes the ignition map to suit, for some reason on older Suzi's the timing on 4th gear isn't retarded when you whack the throttle open. It sounds to me like yours has had it! I'd follow Eddie's advice and bin it, all that'll happen is exactly what you've found - a bit less acceleration.

Needless to say my TL1000R has a 'smart' TRE (it knows when the bike is in neutral and changes to the idle map) - amongst a whole load of other tuning mods.

Guess what I've just put on my Hayabusa.....

A New Back Tyre?:huh:???.............££££££££££££.......... :hyper:

lol :hyper:

It doesn't need a new back tyre...... yet! I don't think it'll be long before does, 4th gear acceleration wheelspins are good for scaring car drivers!