Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest standish honda

New rubber

32 posts in this topic

I'm sticking with the Storm ST's. A quick read of reviews on the net with regard to the Pirellis gives mixed feelings. The first one I read said they were not good for wear??? It is possible Svillen got a particularly good set. Not as odd as you might think. As you know, I work for Avon tyres and it is not unusual to see very variable wear rates from time to time from the same product. This can often be put down to the mixing of the rubber and the inconsistencies that can occur from one mix to another. Just a thought!

Well if the rubber mixing monkey did his job properly i might not get ripped off then. Do you get trade discount on your Avons? i wouldnt put any providence in reviews online written by chaps i don't know, some guys claim to ride to ride like Rossi and need a true sports tyres and no tyres are good enough for them,where as i ride like James May (captain slow), and until recently thought chicken strips were something from KFC in barbacue sauce.

Hey Mark, my mrs is thinking about getting a pair of storms for her bike...any idea how they would suit a Gpz 900r A8?

Hey Mark, my mrs is thinking about getting a pair of storms for her bike...any idea how they would suit a Gpz 900r A8?

Hey Chris, I had Avon Azaro,s fitted to my Warrior,excellent in the wet lasted around 8000 miles then had the later Storm.s fitted, even better..

Storms would be fine on a GPZ. Although if your good lady likes to be down on the pegs...perhaps some Vipers. Better grip, but wear rates are quicker as a result. I have found the Storms to be a very good all rounder. Just had another rear test tyre fitted with steel belts in place of fabric today in fact. So looking forward to checking it out on the road.

Employees do get a discount of 30%, but only to people resident at their, address so not much good to you.

Not all down to Mixing people. Raw materials from around the world can be variable.

She says thank you for info, storms it is for her then ;D

No probs. Good level of grip, but not at the expence of wear and cheaper as a set than quite a few others too.