Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest born2bmild

f1 light

5 posts in this topic

mornin all , my f1 light comes on after about 10 mins riding and stays lit no flashing any ideas on what this is

regards Tim

Put the bike on its sidestand, start the engine and let it idle, note the number and duration of any blinks of the F1 light.

Note : Fast blinks count as 1 & slow blinks count as 10. They will repeat in a cycle.

Post back with your results (if any).

I have fixed few BlackBirds with Fi light broblems, these were "no error code" things (Fi light is on but it dont give any code) reason for these was bad connections under the fuel tank, inside those rubber shields where are electrical connectors. Those rubbers have been so that the bigger end of that rubber is facing up, so that water goes in and it wont dry after for example washing your bike.

Not anything like that with X-11`s thou.

Try to get that code out, like Eddy says.

ive tried the sidestand thing and the light doesnt even come on , the only time it does come on is after i have thrashed the arse off the thing for 15 mins or so and it just stops lit no flashing ,i guess it could be what maintenanceman suggests ill whip the tank off and have a look

thanks gents , Tim

Check also that battery connections are tight, also every grounding points of the electrical system.