Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ST

Headlights

6 posts in this topic

:huh:

Eyup!

I'm bound for Europe early July [Holland to Sweden] and am kitting bike for journey.

Q: Does anyone know how best to prep the headlight so that I don't incur the wrath of the :police: EuroFuzz? i.e. Reflectors or yellow paint [or, as I heard today, black Elec tape!] to defer the direction of dazzle.

Ta!

Visit your local Halfords and they have the stuff to put on your headlight lens. But I'm just back from Holland and Germany and didn't do anything to my headlight Oops!

B) . . . Ta!

I've tried Halfords before and they told me that they only has limited Bike kit and no Bike deflector kits - but they have for cars. I think I might try some of that orangey yellow paint that you can daub on the lense and wipe off after, at least [if I'm unlucky enough to get pulled] the Fuzz will see I've attempted to make a correction.

Will let you know if I suffer an encounter!

Hi,

I've taken my X11 through France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany with no headlight mods and not had any problems.

Paul.

Hi,

I have also been all over europe on many bikes in last 30 years and NEVER done this, even back in the days when you had to have yellow headlamps in france! (shit that makes me old).

Mind you I'd advise to make SURE your headlamp alignment is good...with luggage etc...

br

D.

The amount of lorry,s that come over here with headlights aiming the wrong way is a bigger problem than your going to be , like dwr said check your light adjustment isn't too high when your fully loaded , I just went to Germany with Andy and I didn't bother either.