Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest MuscleBiker

8 USD/gallon Ahhhhhh too priced gas... Can help fuel saving mode??

11 posts in this topic

Hello

Gas prices reach actually 8 USD/gallon!!!, respective 1.50 EUR/Liter!!! here in europe...:drool:

Have you sucessfully using some fuel saving mode or power commander to change stock rich air/fuel mixture for better milleage? Sure... someone can say: buy scooter 125cc or simply rode slowly and you reach better consuption. But i want ride agile like till now and simply pay less for fuel..........

I am find in past somewhere on e-bay that exist some relativelly cheap adjustable fuel saving mode which simply say ECM (only PGM-FI bikes sure) that intake air is hotter that in reality and is possible reach better fuell consumption due to shorter fuel injection time for cylinders.

I think this engine in stock use uselessly rich air/fuel ratio and here can be possible reach 15-20% less fuel consumption and yet still without broke pistons or valves with owerheating during too much poor air/feul mixture 20:1 or so.

Anyone know stock air/fuel ratio? Is it 13.8:1, 14.0:1 or more?

I am find link where he say that ideal air/fuel ratio for best "milleage" is 15.7:1

Some horses from 140+PS barn maybe outrun biggrin.gif but when fuel consumption decrease within 15-20% so it can help keep thick wallet while still riding agily without buying scooter...

Here is link: fuel tuning

What you mean? B)

:welcome:

There's not much you can do without fitting a powercommander and some dyno time.

Fit a freeflowing (k&n) type air filter, free breathing exhaust system and ensure your bike is well serviced, tyre pressures etc.

Adopt a grandad style of riding, no fast starts and smooth riding are the key.

Good luck :)

Fuel costs here in Finland about 1.6€/l (98), that 95 octane 10% alcohol mixture 0.1 less.

Yeah, lets burn our engines with too lean mixture :laugh:

PowerCommander, K&N, exhaust etc,maps made in dyno and fuel economy is better than ever.

140Ps from the wheel.

The cheapest way will be, if you change the transmission ratio from 17/43 to 19/38.

Greetings

roger

What do you mean with transmision ratio?

I think what roger is saying is change the sprocket ratios from front 17 to 19teeth rear 43 to 38 teeth

This will produce a higher geared bike resulting in

0 to 100 kmh will take longer

revs will drop resulting in lower fuel consumption

It also means that in top gear going downhill with a tail wind............you should hit flat out...................................................................320kmh :biggrin3d:

I think what roger is saying is change the sprocket ratios from front 17 to 19teeth rear 43 to 38 teeth

It also means that in top gear going downhill with a tail wind............you should hit flat out...................................................................320kmh :biggrin3d:

In yer dreams Paul. :icon_biggrin:

In yer dreams Paul. :icon_biggrin:

Didn't say which hill Ken!!??!! :dontknow:

My monies is on Parbold hill.

More like Snowdon..

Was thinking of something a bit more downhill

Bempton cliffs anyone? :popcorn: