Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest derrickb

chain adjustment

4 posts in this topic

Try to adjust my chain last week and found that one of my adjusters had seized and the nut look as if they are about to round off where can i get replacement bolts, anybody got any ideas how to get it out is the adjuster the same as any other bike

HI first thing to do is to give the adjusting bolts a good spray with WD40 making sure not to over spray on to the brake area.I would leave overnight then then decide if you need a mech. to look at it as the chain may be in need of replacement or if you are sure it ok then David Silver will have all parts required.There are post on Forums to assist in the correct way to adjust chain correctly .Bry B)

HI first thing to do is to give the adjusting bolts a good spray with WD40 making sure not to over spray on to the brake area.I would leave overnight then then decide if you need a mech. to look at it as the chain may be in need of replacement or if you are sure it ok then David Silver will have all parts required.There are post on Forums to assist in the correct way to adjust chain correctly .Bry B)

thanx for advice i'll give it a go

thanx for advice i'll give it a go

managed to free adjuster with WD40 and a lot of heat new adjuster fitted and working had nice to stratford today