Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenko

Earles brake Hoses

8 posts in this topic

Just spotted these on fleabay.Earles stainless steel braided brake hoses (3 hoses) for ?59 plus postage..is this a good price plus do they make much difference?

They wont be any use with the standard brake system as this is 10 hoses , the only company that produces a full braided hose kit for the X11 and blackbird is Goodridge.

They wont be any use with the standard brake system as this is 10 hoses , the only company that produces a full braided hose kit for the X11 and blackbird is Goodridge.

Thanks for the info,i'll have a look at the Goodridges.

Ken, they are only any good if all flexible hoses are replaced at the same time. As the braided hose walls do no flex like the rubber ones mixing them will cause a higher pressure in the rubber hoses giving a potential for a split. One big advantage is they are less bulky than the OEM hoses. If you decide to go braided i would recommend replacing the banjo bolts and bleed nipples for stainless steel items for added durability and strength. Get yourself a seat if you are thinking of replacing all the hoses as it is not cheap.Hel do a kit with 11 lines in for ?319 complete with s/steel banjos.

Instead of paying all that just for braided lines, i would just buy the de-link kit. Sorted then.;)

Linking that last post with the insurance thread that is running. De linking the brakes is surely one that the insurers do not like as that is a modif to the manufacturers spec. I know some have done it and their insurers are ok with it but imagine having an OFF and them voiding your cover OUCH.

Yes indeed, that is the main reason for the problems I had.

A mate of mine fitted a 190 tyre inplace of the 180 which was standard fit for his bike,a month later his bike was in a major collision with a car (not his fault).When the insurance engineer inspected his bike they would not honour his claim cos he failed to tell them about his modification to his bike, ie the 190 tyre.His bike was a right off plus he was sued by the driver of the car for the damages despite the accident being the drivers fault.