Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest wilbo

repair

20 posts in this topic

:( slipped down the road today on my x11 hole in the left hand casein left foot peg headlight ,frame tank and front mudguard scratched pissed off but it could have been worse :crybaby2: ,just wondering if the blackbird engine casein would fit and the foot peg.

bad do :(

Aye the engine cases fit ok.

I dunno about the pegs... I can't remember, someone will know.

bad do :(

Aye the engine cases fit ok.

I dunno about the pegs... I can't remember, someone will know.

thanks eddy ,wot do you think new or a used one.

nice one ,dont no wot to do about the tank and mudguard ,can't do much about the frame,10 years old 30000 miles and was mint i have it for 2 months and wreck it pissed off.

Fill the dents in tank/frame and paint 'em... paint sticky thread in service and tech info section.

How bad is the frame ?

If your case is only cracked you may be able to repair that too?

Fill the dents in tank/frame and paint 'em... paint sticky thread in service and tech info section.

that sounds like a plan :icon_cheers:

How bad is the frame ?

dont think its to bad 2 inch by 2inch by a mill or 2 deep.same with tank.

Ins co would write it off for that... tossers!

Get it fettled... you'll have it back pristine in no time with a bit of effort.

Don't let it get you down.... shit happens!

Well I did the same a few years back , first I had the frame polished but I wasnt happy with it , So I got a profesional Ally welder to fill it then had it powder coated , but that means a full bike strip down.

You could buy a Bagster tank bag, that would hide the tank damage, but not cure it. Depends how you feel about a codge-up? Glad you're OK, that's the main thing.

Glad you're OK :)

Had one BB cover, only few really small marks that it is not a new one. Changed it from one insurance repair.

But... Sold it to one of my friends, also BB left side mirror, handle bar weight, clutch lever, foot peg, front mudguard etc small parts, these i ordered from my work and payed my own. That friend, never paid those parts for me (it was year ago) and now he is telling my friends that i am weird because i'm not his friend anymore :laugh:

I would feel much better if i could donate that cover for you now :laugh:

But nothing doing, that BB cover will fit for sure.

I'd sooner be weird than have friends like that, Henri!

I'd sooner be weird than have friends like that, Henri!

Haa, i'm happily weird

He also had nerves to ask if i could get him cheap chain and sprocket set, i asked that as cheap as previous parts?

I think that he got me...

anyone no where i can get frame paint from and wot filler can i fill scratch on frame with ,also radiator side guard is cracked can i repair it or does any no where i can get one from or is it a case of look on that auction site ,also £100 pound for a generator cover and gasket is that deer or should i try and fix old one many thanks ...

anyone no where i can get frame paint from and wot filler can i fill scratch on frame with ,also radiator side guard is cracked can i repair it or does any no where i can get one from or is it a case of look on that auction site ,also £100 pound for a generator cover and gasket is that deer or should i try and fix old one many thanks ...

I filled a scuff on my frame with car body filler. Make sure you sand it all down first till it's perfectly smooth then fill it and sand it, fill it and sand it ect ect untill you get it right.

I then sprayed my frame rails matt black so now you can't tell. :)