Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest derrickb

Brake pads

8 posts in this topic

My brake pads look low on rear do i have to go to a honda dealer or can i do them myself with the help of a manual

Sure you can, depends of your skills. Not difficult job thou.

is the dual braking system an issue. is there a cd manual or video

Not an issue, just press gently the piston/pistons back in the caliber (try to press them as straight as you can), check out that there is enough room for the brake fluid in the reservoir.

There should be, if anybody hasn't add fluid because it seems low, and that low is usually caused by worn pads (piston comes out and fluid seems to be low)

Need manual? Make a small donation, and get all the benefactor bonuses, including X-11 manual :)

Edited by Maintenanceman

Easiest way i find for caliper pistons is to put a peice of iron bar across the 3 pistons and then apply pressure on the middle of the bar with a small G clamp.

Allways worked for me this way with no probs. :)

HI just got email off hein gericke offering 1/2 brake pads from they warehouse brembo +carbone lorraine.the thing is carbone lorraine has all three sets as the same number but i thought it was differnce pads front and rear ?

No the pads are identical shape and fitment , and aftermarket pads list the same for all three calipers , I had EBC HH pads in mine (when it was original) and they were all the same.

John

I tried to edit the post above to make things more accurate , Honda do list different pads for the rear but this was a different anti vibration/heat shim I belive but the actual size and fitment is the same.