Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest chunky

fi light

7 posts in this topic

:( Hi everyone.im new to the site,i have owned and loved my x11 for a while now,i look after her with regular checks/servicing etc.Was out for a ride yesterday when the fi light came on under hard acceleration.There is no stuttering or drop in power but light stays on until i stop and restart bike.any ideas? thanks

:welcome:

Put the bike on its sidestand, start the engine and let it idle, note the number and duration of any blinks of the F1 light.

Note : Fast blinks count as 1 & slow blinks count as 10. They will repeat in a cycle.

Post back with your results (if any).

hi,i have let it idle when i got home yesterday.no blinking dry.gif stays on solid...? thanks for replying.

Fixed few BB:s with same problem, there is one connector (inside rubber "tube") under fueltank, behind the frame on the left side above the engine.

It might be "upside down" and water gets in, take it out, clean and check if there is any corrosion.

Usually that caused BB:s Fi light to come on and nothing else.

Edited by Maintenanceman

hi,cheers for the tip.I took the tank off and unplugged and cleaned connection on every lead and plug and sensor i could find this morning lol.no light as yet :laugh: .thanks for the help

hi,cheers for the tip.I took the tank off and unplugged and cleaned connection on every lead and plug and sensor i could find this morning lol.no light as yet :laugh: .thanks for the help

:laugh: Hope that it was it :laugh:

hey guys,weather is beautiful at mo :) dont seem to be able to use shout box!?:huh: .Still have fi light coming on but had a thought the other day,my power commander is at dynojet for repair which means the lambda is blanked as it should be with the commander fitted.does anyone know if this would cause the ecu to bring up a fault as the pc should be telling it otherwise? thanks