Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Andrew410

A RESULT !!! Handlebars vibration !!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Like many on here..I was suffering from BAD, VERY BAD vibration in handlebars..right especially...hand numb after 15 / 20 miles... was making riding a pain

Several helpful ideas from folk on here..thanks !! ... BUT looked, re looked and checked many things... now believe all along it was the chain !!!!

Chain was in good nick..good sprockets etc

Decided to realign the check with a straight edge and the naked eye !!

Ah...original chain adjuster marks NOT 100%..but close...but I needed 100% if I was to find a cure

Then slackened chain a "wee" bit from manual settings.

Lubricated chain very well every second or so ride, despite a Scottoiler on bike

WOW..like a new bike..smooth power..through all rev range....gear box fantastic..one of best..(and I have a Bandit 1200 in garage ..and they good boxes)

No longer numb hands..SMILE on face

Oh...now done 1500+ miles...since focusing on the chain..and still smooth

Maybe..simple..solution..BUT it has worked !!!!!!!!

Hi Andrew. I agree with you about the chain I run mine on the loose side ,I find the gear change much better especially first to second.

Glad to hear it andrew. Mine was getting to a stage where i felt like selling the bike and did'nt want to ride the beast at all. Perseverence, meddling and adjusting paid off in the end though, and now it's fantastic.B)

Good news then eh?.;D

I have been notice these vibrations, my chain and sprockets are done, now faster and faster.

I have ordered genuine set from Honda (its cheaper than some aftermarket sets). Should come next monday.

Had some help when i changed handlebar weights from Pan European.

They are bigger and heavyer, not so good looking but they helped a little bit.

Okay, this might be just my imagination...

My bike doesent vibrate so badly but i notice while driving, that my chain is getting dry and needs grease.

If you have removed the original bar weights... it is a good move to wedge as much lead (plumbers lead strips from a builders merchant - not a church roof!) as you can fit into each bar. Make sure you leave enough room for your bar end tho!

If you have removed the original bar weights... it is a good move to wedge as much lead (plumbers lead strips from a builders merchant - not a church roof!) as you can fit into each bar. Make sure you leave enough room for your bar end tho!

Havent thought about this, just noticed that some weight add may make the difference.

Interesting thing thou.

Those PanEuropean weights are maybe three times heavyer than originals.

No weights at all in my bars, never had them when i bought the bike and i've never fitted any.Don't need them. Never had any on my old cbr1000 either.:)

No weights at all in my bars, never had them when i bought the bike and i've never fitted any.Don't need them. Never had any on my old cbr1000 either.:)

That'll be why you've been whining about vibrations for months then :huh:

Nah eddy, the vibes were allways through the pegs, only slightly through the right bar and that was allways copeable.;D