Guest valdas

Upgrading from 78kW french downgrade

16 posts in this topic

I have bought my 1999 blue X11 this summer. It is from France - a country known for its draconic laws on bike power (no more than 100hp).

The sticker on the frame refers to model type SC42 with scheme depicting HM78kW throttle bodies and 9615 ECU.

In the whole english speaking internet I was unable to find what exactly makes a full strength 102kW bike into more timid 78kW french version. Perhaps someone in your community has had the same issue or at least heard about it. I wonder if replacing throttle bodies and the ECU is the key to unlock the full bike potential or is the cure more difficult/easier than this.

welcome.gif

Aye, there has been a bit of speculation as to how this is achieved.

Have a go with the search function... eg "restricted" gets you Click me!

I seem to remember that one of the intake ports into the airbox is blanked off too.

Thanks for the info,

I will try remove this restriction. Anyone know where can I get the best deals on used X11 ECU's?

Probably that nasty auction site... but if you get a UK ecu? Get the HISS unit and keys etc to go with it as they are linked.

Hi..Done some homework for anyone interested - Head,cams,valves all the same. Throttle bodies the same too. Air box and fittings the same. The only differences are the silencers and PGM-FI unit - (All comparisons identified by part number variation).......Hope this helps...Steve

Check out items 250518977911 and 390114488704 on the world famous auction site (UK).......... Steve

If the ECU needs to be changed for a different spec unit the matching key will be needed too. The Hiss system will not allow a different key to start the bike, full job would mean replacing all the locks to match the new ECU. occassionally these come up as a used set, but are not cheap, although compared to Honda they are half the OEM price.Cheap get out of jail fix could be to get replacment ECU & Key and get a blank key with a chip in it, get this one cut to fit the locksets on the bike then pair it with the key that came with the replacment ECU.

Just saw a lockset for an x11 on that auction site for £345 with tank and seat locks. Seems a bit dear to me... Better than new for sure, though. just fo a search under Honda X11, that's how I saw it.

Honda want double that amount plus all the documentation of the bike to prove that it is not stolen.

Thank you all for your help.

It seems that replacing the whole lock set is quite an expensive option. Perhaps installing the Power Commander would do the trick as well?

I had a search on the net and found onlythis forum: http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/21237-nikko-racing-g-pack.html

Who knows what it will do on the X11? I also read on onesite selling them (not the manufacturer site) that it is more sophisticated than amny other types.

What I have been looking at is this one: http://www.memjetmodule.com/products-page/honda/

It's kind of like the Power Commander but I don't know much about it.

http://direct.nikkoracing.com/boutique_us/page_6.cfm?code_lg=lg_us

Seen these before, mainly on Suzuki gsxr's and busa's. Can't tell you if they would de-restrict an x11 though, sound too good to be true tbh.

Maybe e-mail the supplier, and ask for info about Dyno readouts with one fitted to a standard bike, then see if the power gains are large enough to warrant buying one before spending a lot of cash for something that may not claim to be what it is. :unsure:

After 9 years

Did anyone solve the restriction problem??? 

Does the power comander work?

Are the inlets restricted?

Is the ECU restricted?

I change the clogs from 180km to 280km,  but is not working.

can't you just import a uk bike and problem solved.I sold one years along that was exported to the Cairo with no trouble?