Guest Gizmow

Maximum Speed On X11

43 posts in this topic

Buy a new Vmax and with a few mods, ie big air kit,cat removal and a less restrictive exhaust you can achieve figures like these :9.26 @ 152mph! In standard trim there's not many that can keep with me in a straight line but that depends on who is riding ;)

Wow unreal, fuck start saving now and i can buy one on my 60th birthday thanks Giz.

I'd have thought it'd do even less top speed with a smaller than standard front sprocket on?

true. 1 tooth biger front, smaller back less 2 or 3 teeth,  slower acceleration, but longer leged more top end speed.

i think the x11 1st gear is to low anyway.

This is my beast at 296km/h - yehaaa

1 person likes this

I'd like to believe that video but.. look at this video, a BMW S1000RR with 197bhp and aerodynamics is struggling to reach 300kph

http://youtu.be/uYa_mjur-xE

Scary.

Afraid I agree with Kenko. My Blackbird-engined & modded X can't reach (up to now) more than around 265 km/h, (before the BB engine, it was 255) and the Blackbird (modded) which I also have will just touch 290, but it would only hit 300 on a steep downslope! I have heard beliveable tales of a BB going over 300 but not standard and not often! 

More likely a speedo error thing I'm afraid... the standard bikes overread anyway, gear down and it's worse... Mine are run with GPS often, so I'm reasonably confident about the nembers (and no phone GPS's, they give quite inaccurate results, because if they can't see the sats, then they use triangulation (or just guess))...

Hope I don't start a flame war!   :)

My friend also claimed (when he bought his BB) that it`s top speed is little bit more than 300 km/h, yeah, it was what speedometer showed, real speed was way less.

TOP SPEED ON A X11 ADEQUATE

1 person likes this

True, if you dont have a leather suit then you have to really hang on  :P

I have just joined the x11 forum , I have got an x11 but it has a 6 gear super blackbird engine fitted, im not very machanical minded im 65 yr old , can any one tell me why its best to change the standard down pipes to get more speed can any one tell me what I would need to do to get more speed out of my x11

What was the Blackbird geared for, 180 mph?

I'm not being funny but where do you expect to be needing more than that?

The reason I bought my X11 wasnt for the top speed, i had a zx9 that had stupid top speed. I wanted more thump lower down and in the mid range as thats realisticly what you use daily. 

I've had mine dyno'd at 146bhp at the rear wheel, all I've done is change the link pipes and cans and put a set of iridium plugs and K&N filter in it. the bike has 92,000 Miles on the engine and still pulls like a freight train... the torque reading was very high as well, pulling mental power, more than the blackbird does..

bike makes me smile every time i get on it.... 

On 02/11/2016 at 11:45, Tuacathach said:

bike makes me smile every time i get on it.... 

Same. 😎

When mine was on the dyno, we did a top speed run, out of curiosity, I had 1 tooth larger front sprocket fitted.

It showed 170 mph on the dyno speed reading & she was not quite at full chat, dyno guy was impressed.

There was a video of it on the old forum, one thing though there is no wind resistance in the dyno room :P 

Anything over around 120 and the wind will try and rip your head off..and there's nowhere to hide!..If you want scary buy an old Busa..fit a race exhaust and a power commander, take it to the ring, part with your cash and then watch the needle bounce off the 220 stop!!:hyper:

I did 280kph ones and it still was going strong. Stopped at 280 because of the wind and some speed wobble.

On 08/11/2009 at 20:28, Guest Gizmow said:

After reading other Forums it seems alot of you out there are pretty clued up when it comes to X11's. :huh: So parden my ignorance, but anybody know if the gear ratios from 1st to 5th gear are the same on Blackbird as on the X11 forget about sixth gear. And does anybody know if the maximum speed of an X11 is 155Mph. How much extra BHP would you need to go say 185 MPH. My X11 went on the MCN Dyno in Skeg in 2007 standard and gave 120BHP at Rear I Changed Down Pipes and cans went back 2008 and it read 141 BHP got print and video. I am going to fit Power Commander.

And get it Mapped at Raceways Fleetwood Lancashire. Realistically what do you think it should do with say 150 BHP at Rear. Are X11 owners limited.

Because we are missing 6th Gear. I realise you cannot fit Blackbird gearbox with that extra gear on X11 or some of you would have done it. I am thinking it could be a waste of time trying to get high MPH cheaper to buy ZZR1400. But went to bulldog this year and would love to spank a standard Busa over the quarter mile.

Gizmow. -_-

Hi Wayne, I dont think it would be a problem getting there, I think the problem would be staying on it, you'd be like a shirt tied to the handlebars.

Pete