Guest Gizmow

Maximum Speed On X11

43 posts in this topic

After reading other Forums it seems alot of you out there are pretty clued up when it comes to X11's. :huh: So parden my ignorance, but anybody know if the gear ratios from 1st to 5th gear are the same on Blackbird as on the X11 forget about sixth gear. And does anybody know if the maximum speed of an X11 is 155Mph. How much extra BHP would you need to go say 185 MPH. My X11 went on the MCN Dyno in Skeg in 2007 standard and gave 120BHP at Rear I Changed Down Pipes and cans went back 2008 and it read 141 BHP got print and video. I am going to fit Power Commander.

And get it Mapped at Raceways Fleetwood Lancashire. Realistically what do you think it should do with say 150 BHP at Rear. Are X11 owners limited.

Because we are missing 6th Gear. I realise you cannot fit Blackbird gearbox with that extra gear on X11 or some of you would have done it. I am thinking it could be a waste of time trying to get high MPH cheaper to buy ZZR1400. But went to bulldog this year and would love to spank a standard Busa over the quarter mile.

Gizmow. -_-

Buy a new Vmax and with a few mods, ie big air kit,cat removal and a less restrictive exhaust you can achieve figures like these :9.26 @ 152mph! In standard trim there's not many that can keep with me in a straight line but that depends on who is riding ;)

With full akra race system and P.C iii fitted mine ran 138rw bhp when it was custom mapped, if you want to go drag racing you might find an advantage in changing the gearing. Also dyno figures are not always that accurate,no too dyno's seem to give the same output. Give Andy a ring at Junction 33 Dyno centre sure he would do a P.C and custom map for less than £500. Alternative would be to look for a second hand Blackbird P.C as the injector fittings are the same as the xii, it would have to be custom mapped though.You might need to get down to the gym if you want to achieve 185 mph whilst still being connected to your x11.

I've seen 260 km/h on my X11 ,in my last trip but couldn't stand more than a few seconds...

Also at that speed the power of the wind is so strong, that pulls your hand back,making the bike very nurvous...

1 person likes this

I'd say gearing would be the way to explore, especially if looking for more top end speed. Try going 1 tooth more at the front sprocket or take 2 out of the rear. Both aceive approx. 1 ratio higher final drive, which gives more at the top end. Reverse to give more punch at the bottom end. If you're not happy with that, keep working one tooth (or 2 respectively) until it gets closer to where you want it.

You will have to be very strong to hold on, though. It woudl be fun. And yes, an easier way could be going the different bike route. :lol:

166mph = 9 months in the clink. :lol:

1 person likes this

I have 1 tooth more on my front sprocket on the dyno mine pulled 165mph easily & had a tad left but did not hit the limiter at that.

ok thanks lads some thing to think about. those who had PC111 fitted could you tell difference Mid Range Top? Giz

With full akra race system and P.C iii fitted mine ran 138rw bhp when it was custom mapped, if you want to go drag racing you might find an advantage in changing the gearing. Also dyno figures are not always that accurate,no too dyno's seem to give the same output. Give Andy a ring at Junction 33 Dyno centre sure he would do a P.C and custom map for less than £500. Alternative would be to look for a second hand Blackbird P.C as the injector fittings are the same as the xii, it would have to be custom mapped though.You might need to get down to the gym if you want to achieve 185 mph whilst still being connected to your x11.

Ok cheers got quote of PCiii fitted and mapping £380 at Power Comander Fleetwood Lancashire. Did you notice change after you fitted yours. Giz

166mph = 9 months in the clink. :lol:

True, but it is possible to get up early and find spots where you dont bother anybody Public or Police, if i wanted to fart about i would buy a harley got x11 for adrenlin rush. legal youthanazia ! eh! :P Giz

The major difference was the Akra and getting rid of the stock headers, that opened things up nicley, the P.C just ensured it was running correctly, i can remeber riding back down the A6 from Galgate when i had it mapped and thinking yes there is a difference but it was just smoother and more responsive not anything radical it didnt turn into a wild wheelie monster, it ran pretty well with the Techlusion fuel module but that is just a fuel pump that comes in at a set engine speed or on winding open the throttle.

Fyi, I went to Germany october last year for the Intermot salon. I had my gps registering all the data (average and max speed as well as the trip itsel).

My max speed ever achieved during that trip with my X11 has been 290 km/h from gps stats. :pirate:

Luckily, it was in Germany... :lol:

Btw, my front sprocket is 15 teeth, not 16 as normal french X11s.

Edited by Chris MC

Btw, my front sprocket is 15 teeth, not 16 as normal french X11s.

Sorry, my mistake, the french normal sprocket is 17 teeth, I had it replaced for a 16 one.

Tip : since changing sprocket modifies the ratio, you need to install a Speedohealer in order to correct your tachometer (speed indicator). It's very easy and handy as, otherwhise, your tacho will "read" and indicate more kilometers/miles and km/h & than reality. In the end, from my calculations, you'd add about 10-12% more kilometers than actually driven... a lot !

1 person likes this

Chris.

according to my calculations, 290kph equals 181 miles / hr. I think I would have your gps serviced, I have never heard of any naked bike coming close to that, even after 10 pints.

;) ;) ;)

John

I am as surprised as you John... but the guys I was riding with were as much surprised as we are now... one had a Hayabusa old model, the other one a GSXR 1000. I'll try to find a way to take a screenshot and post it here...

Ok, I managed to take a screenshot. The GPS I use is Nav n GO IGO 8, a software for pocket pc and smartphones.

You can click on the pic for a larger version B)

d34c292cc25f505fd58fca5cff7140cd2g.jpg

Edited by Chris MC

181mph? :o I can barely hang on at 145! :lol:

Chris, is your x11 the 100bhp restricted model?

Edited by raeman

I'd have thought it'd do even less top speed with a smaller than standard front sprocket on?

Raeman, actually my X11 has about 152 bhp at the rear wheel...

Eddy, in fact, with one tooth less on the front sprocket, you increase your pulling power meaning you reach the limit revs easier and faster. It's hard to reach the red zone with the original sprocket (17 teeth).

You make a good point Eddy. Now Chris is also an active member of the French X11 OC website, if only he had attended the Perigeux get together they had in September, which I was lucky enough to attend (their hospitality is fantastic, it was a great w/end even tho my french is pants) any way, IF Chris had attended I would have been able to report on this top speed first hand to witness and verify it.

:P :P ;) ;) :D :D ;) ;)

Perigueux was for me too far and time consuming : I have been (and still am) too busy wotj the works in my new house in fact. However, I will almost certainly join everyone in Macon for the next meeting. I was there already for a meeting, the roads of the area are great! :drool:

If you, and our other british friends, can join us, you will be most welcome (also to test drive my beast ;) ) !

woops, made a mistake, the 150 bhp are not at the rear wheel, they are at the engine ! sorry for the confusion but I'm at work and doing several things at the same time can be confusing, lol !

I have standard sprockets on mine and have no trouble hitting the rev limiter in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears, not sure about 4th, on the dyno mine was pulling 160mph.

With standard sprockets in 4th gear it will piss the rev limiter with ease.biggrin.gif

1 person likes this