Guest x11_bob

New headlight

53 posts in this topic

Was looking at some of the new bikes at local dealers and thought the headlight on the X11 was looking a bit dated.Fitted this twin stacked light,think it looks better.

attachment.php?attachmentid=551&d=1212592015

551_thumbattach

552_thumbattach

Yep I like that, looks right as if it came as factory mod

cool, have you got any details on it?

It's a well made headlight unit from one of the jap manufacturers,don't know which one.It has twin stacked lights one dip one main,but I put twin dip and main halogen bulbs in,so they both work together.I also put clear bulbs in where the indicators are as side lights.If you look on that well known internet shopping site under streetfighter headlight you can find it.It's someone in Austria floging it but he wants a lot for them.It was only about half what he is asking now when I bought mine.

Bob

:icon_thumright: Very nice

Looks like the light off a yammy fz1. Looks very smart!!

Edited by raeman

I don't believe it! I got one of these about 2 years ago on flea***. Guy selling it said it came off of a scooter in the states!!

I fitted it to the hornet i had at the time. looks the mutts after fitting except i didn't tidy the cables as well as yours. (lack of any technical ability to blame).

I have to say it looks like it was made for the x-11, nice work!

Looks great. So where did you get yours from?

I got mine from that well known internet auction site,but the bloke selling them had only just started so I think he was finding out how much he could get for them.They,ve gone up since I bought mine.It must be a year since I got mine ,didn,t get round to fitting it for a while having to much fun riding.

Bob

Cheers Bob, was it easy enough to fit?

Very easy just drilled a couple of holes that lined up with the standard headlight brackets,and made a support for the bottom of the headlight.All the standard wiring fits in behind.There are indicators built in at the top corners,but I wired mine up as side lights,also fitted twin dip and main bulbs so they work together.

Watch the wiring then Bob , two bulbs may get it a bit warm , may need to go down the relay route:confused:

Was looking at some of the new bikes at local dealers and thought the headlight on the X11 was looking a bit dated.Fitted this twin stacked light,think it looks better.

Very nice!

I?m looking for a headlight to Hornet -07 or even to cb1000ra with instruments. Anyone? :D

No problem with the bulbs there only 35w/35w halogen,so I didn't see the need for a relay .Seem to work o.k. one lens gives a good spread of light the other is more focused.

Bob

I am thinking of fitting a Hornt headlamp - main reason is, Honda tend to make decent reflectors, which you need if you are going to fit HID without blinding everyone. I love the look of this lamp, though, and would fit one in a heartbeat if the reflector could handle an HID burner or two safely.

Will the Hornet H7 x2 headlight fit?

:cool-3: Very nice, Bob. I was looking for something a little more updated, too and that one looks like it was made for the X. I also like the idea of getting rid of the big indicators and streamlining. My only worry now is that too many people will jump on it and we'll all look the same! Thanks for the pics and info - just had a peak on flea bay and there are a few options, so we'll see.

I am thinking of fitting a Hornt headlamp - main reason is, Honda tend to make decent reflectors, which you need if you are going to fit HID without blinding everyone. I love the look of this lamp, though, and would fit one in a heartbeat if the reflector could handle an HID burner or two safely.

Will the Hornet H7 x2 headlight fit?

Here is the Hornet headlight.

http://www.hondax11.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5115&highlight=hornet

I missed this. Very nice. Apart from aesthetics, the Hornet headlight also gives you two H7 bulbs, which means that if you HID the thing, you will get a lot more light on the high-beam than an HID High/Low H4 set-up. Problem is, this means you have to add up the cost of two H7 HID kits and the headlight assembly . On the wish list!

I saw that one, too and it also looks really nice. So many possibilities and we can indeed still look individual. After all, how many X11s does anyone see on the road? May as well make it even more unique.

Seen one on the road, last weekend, and we have one in our shop (sot so good as mine:cool:)

I missed this. Very nice. Apart from aesthetics, the Hornet headlight also gives you two H7 bulbs, which means that if you HID the thing, you will get a lot more light on the high-beam than an HID High/Low H4 set-up. Problem is, this means you have to add up the cost of two H7 HID kits and the headlight assembly . On the wish list!

Allready got partlist somewhere.... so, had been looking for it....

I also want to swap the x11's headlight with the hornet's one ,so my question is:how easy is to swap the bulbs?

I mean the x11 has only one bulb 60/55W & one smaller 4w i think...

Hornet has two 55/55W and two small ones 5W?

Can i use the X11's bulb at one hole of the Hornet's headlight,& the small one at the other hole(leaving the holes for the small bulbs empty);or i have to use the Hornets bulbs at their possitions?

In every case ,how i will connect the wires?(i mean the sockets..)

cause X11 has 2 sockets(one for the main bulb & one for the smaller...

Hornet on the other hand has one wiring harness ,including all the wires ending to one socket..

The wiring harness mess is only in my head,or it is easier than i think....?

It is easy... Depends of your skills of course.

It is not so easy to explain, and in English but i try...

-You may want to get original wire harness for that Hornet headlight, make things easier, but you can do it without it.

-You need that harness, or connectors for those bulbs 2xH7 and for those small bulbs.

-From the original H4 bulb just connect the ground wire to the both of those H7 bulbs ground wires.

-From the original H4 connect the low beam +wire to the H7 low beam bulb.

-From the original H4 connect the high beam +wire to the H7 high beam bulb.

-This way your hornet headlight changes the bulbs when you change low to high.

-If you want to make it work like in Hornet, so that the low beam is on all the time and the high comes on when you put it on, you have to use some relay for that. Only thing is that original wire harness may NOT handle so well grown current consumption in that case.

-For those small bulbs, just connect them to the original wires of that "parking"light, if you are worried about increased current consumption, it`s not so bad, and you can use some LED bulbs, they don`t take so much current.

-Use good connectors and wires, have seen too much "made it my self" wiring`s that were totally fu***d up...

:thumbsup: Thank you very much!!!

It 's easier than i thought.....

i am planning to use the Hornet's harness ,cause i want to keep my X11's harness untuched,so as far as i understand all i have to do is connect the Hornet's harness connector to X11's one ..

If it isn't the same i will cut it & put a similar conector

Thanks again mate!

you are the trully the maintainanceman!