Guest mert30

Standard fuel tank range?

23 posts in this topic

Please tell me , with full tank, how many km/mile can you drive with your x11 ? what s the standart fuel consumption of yours ? I will compare with my x11.

I will decide is it need service or not ... :dontknow:

I can get 170miles (270km) before the fuel light comes on , on motorway runs , but more realistically 130/135 miles (209/217km) on average riding

I'm on my second X11,the first did 150 miles at least before the fuel light came on.The one I have now only does 120 miles.Both bikes were of similar spec.& from full to empty hold the same amont.

Usually get between 150-160 miles before the light comes on, normal average fuel consumption is 43 mpg.

I`m getting around 140 miles before light comes on on average

Been doing a lot of local running around lately, short trips, light came on at 146 miles.

Hi - 180 miles light came on - Put fuel in at 202 miles-but I reckon that was just about it from what I could hear rinsing about inside the tank !! DEFINATELY NOT RECOMMENDED! Steve (Redex)

202miles???:eek: think most i've had has been 130-145!! do you coast in neutral steve and have 80psi in yer tyres?:D Ringin it's neck has had my light on at 95miles once!! (on a race track orifice:police: )

I seem to get 115 to 120 whatever way I ride before that little light comes on.

Around 170 miles till the light comes on.

Just got back from a run out to Bradford from the Wirral, 180 mile round rip. Filled up my tank to the brim and the light came on at 155 miles. Was riding steady / ish and opened it up now and again. I tell you what no matter what the weather is like it's always a bit wild going over the tops by Saddleworth on the M62. Even on the heavy X11 the wind really can give you some stick there..

..... I tell you what no matter what the weather is like it's always a bit wild going over the tops by Saddleworth on the M62. Even on the heavy X11 the wind really can give you some stick there..

Blimey Ash, that brings back the memories! It's a while since I went over "windy hill"!

Just back from the German Treffen in Rostock, and as it was 450 miles there and 386 miles on straighter return route we had the chance to put this to the test and at a steadyish 80-90mph on the Autobahn we managed to get 169 miles to the reserve light coming on a number of times!

This quite impressed me because usually over here it would be around 140ish miles to reserve light.

Just goes to prove riding fast can be economical!

Or maybe they sell better quality fuel....?

Aye we did use premium 95 Ron

What's left theoretically when the light does come on?

4ltrs according to the book...

The most I have achieved is 150 miles. Light usually comes on around 110 - 120 miles.. Bit different from my 96 VFR's 190!! As fuel prices have risen I have gone less economical!! Makes sense to me!!

Hey I get usually I average 150+ on a run two some freinds in france 2up paniers average 170 last ride out over there head on wind still got 150

Once managed 160miles to the tank, but I average 130-140 before the light glows, that leaves me approx 20 miles to sort my life out. Having pushed the bloody thing uphill for 2K's once I can assure you that the light does mean do it now, and not worry about it later.

As for wind my worst moment was crossing the Queen Elizabeth bridge in Dartford, wind blew me across 4lanes of traffic, looked in my mirrors and all the car drivers in all 4 lanes had backed right off, the bike was at 45degrees to the left, with me 45 to the right. Oh how I laughed.

On my trip to Scotland this weekend got 200.7 miles out of one tank full, pity it wasn't 203 as I ran out just short of Border services on the A68, previous garage was shut. Good job my mate was with me and fetched some for me - cost me yet another 5 litre fuel can though. Not bad to say I had been blasting up M1/A1/A68 at the legal limits of course, with Givi luggage on and I personally have the aerodynamics of a brick.

Edited by bigbob

usually can get 260km before the lights come on .

I use Iridium plugs,k&n air filter and race cans.No problem at all whit consumption.

About 6.2l /100km and im fully satisfied whit it

With iridium plugs, k+n and std cans mine consistently returns 10 miles to the litre.