Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x11_bob

Pair valve

5 posts in this topic

I saw a thread on one of the Blackbird sites were they had removed the pair valves.It's not for a performance increase ,but it makes it much easier to change the plugs and balance the throttle bodies.Also I'm going to get the power commander mapped and it helps with the fuel readings.I got a local engineer to make me some block off plates using the original as a pattern.It's all fitted now and it may just be me but the throttle response seems much better and tick over is smother.Also no pops from the exhaust after high rev down changes.So all in all I'm well pleased with the result.:niceone:

I suppose it's just like blanking off the EGR valves on some engines. It was one of the first things I did on my transit engined van... all that shite being pumped back into the intake manifold can't be a good thing!

Nice one for experimenting... :niceone:

Nice one Bob. What exactly do the pair valves do anyway?:confused:

I've heard of them but that's all.

Any piccies Bob?;)

should have taken some pics ,but I've put it all back together now.If you look on the cbrxx.com web site there is loads about the block off plates.The pair valve is only there for emission reasons,it lets air into the exhaust port to burn any unused fuel .By blocking it off I've been able to get rid of a load of plumbing and associated bits,leaving more room above the engine for plug change and servicing.It also gives a false fuel air reading when you get the power commander mapped on a dyno, that's why Honda tell you to block the pair valve when you balance the throttle bodies.I also modified the breather so the airbox is only getting clean air,not hot dirty fumes from the engine.

You are obviously a very clever man Bobby. I can just about get the tyre valve caps on and off, and even that vexes me sometimes.

S