Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest eke

Flashing F1 Light.

22 posts in this topic

Hi

I have just baught X -11

Main issues

The F1 lights illuminated once 5 gear is selected and stay on.

Any maintenace tips and what first need to be done for the troble shooting process.

When the light F1 is on , what oe sit emans.

Any part num ber for the parts.

Check your bike with it parked on the side stand. Count how many times the F1 light flashes. There are two types of flash that it gives off... a long one and a short one! A long flash = 10 short flashes.

So you may get 2 x long flashes and 5 x short flashes = 25 flashes in total.

Let me know how many flashes you count and I'll post what that error code relates to... take care to get the correct number of flashes!

Have a good read of this "service centre" section for lots of information on running and servicing the x11.

Good luck...

Dear Guys

The blink is 2 long blinks followed by 5 shorts blinks.

Note : The performance is normal without any power reduction .

Rgds

Hi Guys

Have done the trouble shooting;

the F! lites blinks once the engines rev is above 2500 rpm.

May i know the OEM part no for the knock sensor ?

Any ideas , how much is cost ?

Where can i get it on the net since i am the only user for X-11 in my country.?

Rgds/eke

The part number you need is 30530-MCC-601 contact your local honda dealer they may be able to help you.

Or try here the deliver international http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Become a benefactor of this site and you could download the manual and parts fisch for your X-11 which will help you in the future

Hi guys,

My X11 lits up its FI indicator when I rev to 5ooorpm and stayed lit, though there's no difference in the running condition. Why does my FI lit up. Any assistance is very much appreciated.

Thanks...

Test for the F1 light flashing with the bike parked on its sidestand.

If it does, count the flashes and post back.

Finally checked out the flashing sequence of the FI light on my 'X'. When it's on the side stand, it gives 2 long flashes, followed by 3 short ones. When you then fold the side stand up, the light stays on permanently (until you put it down again & the sequence starts again). The strange thing is, sometimes the light stays off completely. Regardless of the light coming on, or staying off, the bike performs great.

As I can't find my microfiche manual cd, can anyone tell me what the sequence means, & maybe explain why it is intermittent.

Thanks!

I suspect that you have a break in the wiring for your 02 Sensor.

Either a dirty contact at the plug on the diagram (below) or one of the wires to the ECU is snapped/chaffed/loose.

Check them carefully and don't stuff things in the tail piece like gloves or anything.

Good luck...

Thanks for the info Eddy. The wiring for the 02 sensor was checked out on the last service with nothing found. As for putting stuff in the tail piece, I never do. I will check it out again, but apart from that, what can I do? As I said, the bike runs fine watever the FI light is doing. I'm off to Germany with John in June, the last thing I need is a break down!!

The wiring for the 02 sensor was checked out on the last service with nothing found........ I will check it out again' date=' but apart from that, what can I do? [/quote']

Mmmm, sounds like a dealer did the checking? Check it yourself... properly! The likely culprit is one of those feeble wires to the ECU plugs. I put a piece of foam rubber under my ECU to help dampen out the vibes... vibes = stress fractures.

If it breaks in the fatherland... don't worry John'll fix it!

LOL! Thanks again Eddy. I can feel a phone call to John coming on !! :thumbsup:

Good idea that eddy,putting some foam under the ECU,i may do that cos mine is a bit vibey(5000rpm)

Good luck with it stu :thumbsup:

Ok, sorry my english first:)...My X started blinking the FI-light, on sidestand it flashes 8 times shortly and then little pause, and then 8 again. While driving it stays on without flashing...

So gyus on girls...what is the porblem?:(

Sounds Like your Throttle Position sensor is faulty, or more likely the wires.

Check them and trace them back to the ECU in the tail piece.

Here's a picture of the TP sensor and its location...

73f690e8aa6e349e30e771425e7790ec2g.jpg

The wiring seemed ok on my 02 Sensor, so I sourced a second hand one for ?20 from a guy breaking an X11. Problem solved. Better than the ?270 Honda had quoted me. A big thanks to John (X11r) for his help with this problem.

another way to check if the problem with your O2 sensor or with the wiring would be to disconnect the sensor and put a reisitor in it's place. The resistor will simulate a sensor working correctly, if you are still experiencing the warning flashes check the wiring up to the ECU.

I borrowed John (x11r)s 02 Sensor for a week, & the FI light stayed off, so that was good enough to suggest mine was knackered.:(

Good advice though Standish. Cheers.

Help!! I have just changed the air filter and plugs and I now get 9 flashes on the side stand. Wasnt doing it before. Any ideas?

Cheers

You've left the AIT sensor connector off! That's the one attached to the lid of the airbox near the injectors...

Thanks for your swift response, Eddy. Yes, retraced my steps and some sloppy reconnection work has taken place. Slap my wrist!

Cheers Mark