Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest iano

Retracting Choke Cable??

9 posts in this topic

When i pull out the cold start knob when starting the bike(oh er):P

After a few seconds the adjuster returns to its home position..

On one of my older fireblades it retracted so it wudnt flood..

but is this the norm on the x11??

when i got the bike first it was very stiff so i sprayed some wd-40 on it..

does anyone else have the same issue??;D

Try pulling it out and giving it a slight twist!

Your choke cable has a rubber cap behind the knob , Under this cap is an adjuster nut that screws onto a collet type gripper , srewing this in will increase the grip on the choke or the oposite will make it loose.

Just out of interest on this subject

I was told that because the x11 does not have carbs, all fuel injected engines don't have chokes as such but an advance lever that just increases the engine speed - so effectively a mechanism to temporarily increase the idle speed for starting? :dontknow:

Just out of interest on this subject

I was told that because the x11 does not have carbs, all fuel injected engines don't have chokes as such but an advance lever that just increases the engine speed - so effectively a mechanism to temporarily increase the idle speed for starting? :dontknow:

True.

It`s really a fast idle adjust, but it`s common to call it choke.

Guys, does anyone had a choke cable torn? I received my X11 from previous owner with choke cable free moving and no affect on idle speed. Could it just fly off the mounting or torn? Going to order new cable. Haven't removed tank yet to see what's there.

It's not a choke cable as such, it just opens the throttle a little.

Guys, does anyone had a choke cable torn? I received my X11 from previous owner with choke cable free moving and no affect on idle speed. Could it just fly off the mounting or torn? Going to order new cable. Haven't removed tank yet to see what's there.

Its probably a broken/snapped cable, that you just pushing backwards and forwards with no effect in the sleeve. it shouldn't be hard to replace.

Edited by HornetJay

Yeap, cable ordered. Saw how to put off a tank, a little bit harder than on my Magna. But I think it's just for the first time :)